Release September 16, 2019
Networking event to build community through art, poetry, music, and speakers.
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA September 16, 2019 – In one month, on October 10, Green Earth will once again host a community-building event, this time at 835 Larkin Street, where 80-100 people will gather to connect over food, drink, and live music to hear from a dozen environmental groups in the startup tradition, with 4- minute speeches per organization. The Green Gala features a keynote from Shawn Rosenmoss, Manager of the SF Carbon Fund at the San Francisco Department of Environment. In line with Green Earth’s desire to create memorable and fun face-to-face events, participants will also enjoy live music, a poetry reading, an opening ceremony, vegan appetizers, and directed networking by the Women’s Environmental Network, among other accents to the event. And, a tree will be planted with every paid ticket (https://tree-nation.com/projects).
The participating organizations today, with more to come, are:
– Greenaction for Health and Environmental Justice, mobilizing community power to promote justice
– Surfrider, a community of everyday people who passionately protect our oceans
– Extinction Rebellion, the international movement to achieve radical environmental change
– Heirs to Our Oceans, the youth-led host of the Summit for Empowerment Action & Leadership
– ZeroWaste Santa Barbara, the advocates for dramatically reducing landfill
– Citizens Climate Lobby SF, the non-profit, non-partisan grassroots advocacy organization
– 350SF, hundreds of volunteers who raise awareness and demand action to eliminate carbon emissions
– Friends of the Urban Forest, helping the community plant and care for street trees in San Francisco
– Climate One, offering a forum of candid discussion among scientists, activists, and citizens
– HOK Sustainable Architecture, a global design and architecture firm
– Women in Cleantech & Sustainability, furthering the roles of women in the green economy
“The climate crisis is real. Changing our behaviors and our relationship with the planet takes inspiration from our local community. Together, we can share in each other’s triumphs and, equally importantly, support each other in times of frustration and demotivation. This community inspires me to keep my head up in the face of crisis and helps energize me to take daily action to heal the planet,” says Mike Maturo, Founder of Green Earth.
Ticket and RSVP link here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-green-gala-tickets-68527271915
About Green Earth (www.GoGreenGo.earth)
Green Earth is a community of people who are inspired to take local action to heal, protect, and revitalize our Earth. Based in San Francisco, we host and events to contribute to the Bay Area’s environmental community.
About Founder Mike Maturo (www.linkedin.com/in/michaelmaturo)
Inspired by Greta Thunberg and the Green New Deal, and leveraging his experience in building civic and business communities in New York and around the world, Mike started Green Earth to connect people curious about the environmental movement with opportunities for volunteerism and activism through memorable and engaging live events.
Contact: Mike Maturo, Founder
Phone: 415-484-6420 Email: mike@GoGreenGo.earth