Mission Statement: The Finance Committee works with the WCS Board of Directors (BOD) on the day-to-day finances and the financial strategic plan. It coordinates and delivers on the WCS budget for events, membership and board committees. The committee also manages investments, contracts, and accounts payable and receivable for WCS. This committee reviews financial statements and reports while being accountable for educating the board to conduct proper oversight to ensure strong financial health of the organization.
Description: The Finance Director works closely with Finance Committee members and reports directly to the Treasurer. In this role the person coordinates with the Bookkeeper, Accountant, Budget Manager and Asset Manager to build a monthly financial report for the Executive Committee’s review. Relevant parts of the reports will also be shared at quarterly Board or Leadership meetings.
- Serves on the Board of Directors as Vice Chair of the Finance Committee
- Works with and coordinates Accountant, Bookkeeper, Budget Manager, and Asset Manager to assemble monthly financial report packets
- Prepares Budget Summary Report for Treasurer review
- Manage annual insurance and workspace subscriptions
- Process insurance and office space contracts, renewals, payments
- Oversees administration and upkeep of Quickbooks
- Audits books quarterly, shared/alternated with Treasurer
Time Commitment & Expectations
- Reports to and works closely with the Treasurer/Chair of the Finance Committee
- Attend monthly Finance Committee meetings, attend monthly Executive Committee meetings, and attend quarterly Leadership meetings and quarterly Board meetings (via video-conference) and annual in-person leadership retreat
- 5 hours per week dedicated to WCS
- 2 year commitment
- Successful candidates will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement
- Fundraising goal of $2,500 for corporate membership/sponsorship
- Annual board dues
How to Apply
If interested, send your resume and a 1-paragraph summary of why you are interested in this role to email@example.com (300 words max) indicating why you are interested in the role. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please put in the email subject line the finance position you are interested in. If you require any support applying online, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.