Mission Statement: The Finance Committee works with the WCS Board of Directors (BOD) on the day-to-day finances and the financial strategic plan. It coordinates and delivers on the WCS budget for events, membership, and board committees. The committee also manages investments, contracts, and accounts payable and receivable for WCS. This committee reviews financial statements and reports while being accountable for educating the board to conduct proper oversight to ensure strong financial health of the organization.
Description: As a member of the Finance Committee, the Asset Manager’s role is to focus and advise on investments for WCS. This role will prepare risk analyses and financial, investment, and asset management reports for the Executive Committee to review as requested to help make short and long term investment decisions.
- Research and recommend options for the investment of organization’s cash reserves
- Monitor and report on investments and make recommendations for adjustments as needed
Time Commitment & Expectations
- Reports to the Treasurer/Chair of the Finance Committee and works closely with the Finance Director/Vice Chair of the Finance Committee
- Attend regular Finance Committee meetings
- Up to 5 hours per week dedicated to WCS
- 1 year commitment
- Successful candidates will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement
How to Apply
If interested, send your resume and a 1-paragraph summary of why you are interested in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org (300 words max) indicating why you are interested in the role. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please put in the email subject line the finance position you are interested in. If you require any support applying online, please contact us at email@example.com.