Join us on November 10th, 2021!
Women in Cleantech & Sustainability turns 10 years old this year!
It has been an incredible decade for our organization! We are a nonprofit which has brought together an incredible network of influential professionals furthering the advancements of cleantech and sustainability and amplifying the reach of women in important climate tech sectors! We had hosted over 550 events, 4,500 community members and membership across the globe!
Celebrate with us virtually on November 10th, 2021 from 5 – 8PM PST for our 10 year anniversary extravaganza! We will be bringing together the past, present and future of Women in Cleantech and Sustainability! Our community is the beating heart of our organization and we want to hear your voice at the center of our celebration.
The event will include a youth panel, executive women in climate tech and an interactive ideathon envisioning the next 10 years of WCS!
5:00 PM | Grand Welcome
Our event will be kicked off by our own Vice Chairwoman of WCS, Sara Fuentes! Plus a special video made just for the event with voices from our members and volunteers
5:10 PM | Executive Panel – The future of cleantech featuring women executives
The next 10 years are arguably the most important for our planet. Let’s here from this incredible panel of women leaders in Cleantech on how they plan to tackle climate challenges. This is a must see panel with leaders from GreenBiz, OhmConnect, NREL, Antin Infrastructure Partners, and Zero Waste Practitioner. Ask your questions to these leaders in Cleantech with our audience Q&A session. In this panel of incredible women executives in cleantech, we cover verticals from renewable energy to plastics recycling research to clean business to zero waste to investing! You won’t want to miss this panel and networking opportunity!
- Lauren Phipps, Vice President & Senior Analyst, Circular Economy, Greenbiz Group
- Melissa Caldwell, Vice President of Growth & Performance OhmConnect
- Sue Yang, Investment Director, Next Generation Group, Antin Infrastructure Partners
- Dr. Katrina Knauer, Research Program Mgr, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- Jessica Lane Robinson, Zero Waste Practitioner
- Moderator: Lisa Ann Pinkerton, Chairwoman of WCS
5:50 PM | Fireside Chat with Microsoft
Thank you to our sponsor Microsoft! We are thrilled to feature Dawn James, US Director of Sustainability and Environmental Sciences at Microsoft for a keynote talk plus interactive audience Q&A. This is your chance to network and ask your questions directly to a tech powerhouse leading the way in cleantech!
6:10 PM | Networking Session
This is a WCS signature! You will have your chance to network with executives, climate youth leaders, aspiring sustainability professionals and many more in our small group breakout rooms!
6:20 PM | Youth Climate Leadership Panel – perspectives from the generation of groundbreakers
Hear from the next generation of climate leaders who are already making an amazing positive impact on the planet! We must listen to young leaders in order to move our planet in the right direction. Learn from these incredible individuals on their vision for the future of the planet and what we can do to support them!
- Guiying (Angel) Zhong, University of the Pacific – Class of 2023
- Maya Wu, UC San Diego, Create CSSI (Create Stem Success Initiative)
- Patricia Heizal Nagginda, Founder of Climate Operation
- Anastasia Shakhidzhanova, [CK] Columbia University – Class of 2024
- Isabel Homberg Reissmeier, UCLA – Class of 2025 and Marketing Director OkVax
- Moderator: Ellie Sharpe, WCS
7:00 PM | Entertainment
7:05 PM | Visioning Ideathon- Together we can envision the next decade of climate impact!
In this highly interactive session, we will create the next 10 years of WCS! How do we leverage our network and position ourselves to build true change for climate? YOU decide at this event! We will have interactive breakout rooms and mural board to envision the next 10 years of WCS.
Moderated by our own board member Glenna Wiseman
7:50PM | Closing Ceremonies
Lisa Ann Pinkerton
Founder of Women in Cleantech & Sustainability. Founder & President of Technica Communications
Lisa Ann Pinkerton is founder of Women In Cleantech & Sustainability, a San Francisco Bay Area group dedicated to the advancement of women in various environmental and technology sectors. She is also Founder and President of Technica Communications, where she handles marketing, social media, content production and public relations for cleantech and biotech startups. Additionally, Lisa Ann is Co-Founder and Marketing Chair for the Global Cleantech Cluster Association, an international speaker and moderator and documentary filmmaker. Lisa Ann is a former award-winning broadcast journalist who reported for National Public Radio, PBS Television, WPXI-NBC, American Public Media, and Free Speech TV.
Vice Chairwoman of Women in Cleantech & Sustainability. Co-Founder & President of SmartWaste
Sara Fuentes is the founder and President of Smart Waste, a minority women owned and operated start up with a focus on waste technologies, waste systems and vendor management for Zero waste programs. With 10 years of experience in the Waste and Recycling Industry, Sara is a leader in abating waste her core values of transparency, circularity and people impact communities to practice a zero waste lifestyle. A passionate advocate for women and a tenacious leader, Sara is setting out to alter the cleantech landscape and finding her own niche. Sara draws on her experience working as an educator and Vice-Chair of the Women in CleanTech and Sustainability organization, where she is a beloved mentor. Sara is always looking to connect with people and companies that are in alignment with her values and goals.
Sustainability Champion Sponsor
Cross Promotion Partners
Canary Media is an independent nonprofit journalism entity founded in 2021, dedicated to chronicling the transition to a decarbonized economy and society, with a particular focus on the transformation of the primary energy, transportation, industrial and building sectors. Subscribe to our daily newsletter here.
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES STILL AVAILABLE
Looking for Sponsorship Opportunities to round out the year? Tap into our broad network located in over 13 countries. Benefits include:
- Global brand recognition and outreach to 5,000+ ecosystem
- Company name/logo in digital marketing (website/social media)
- Speaker Feature in Blog for Sustainability Champion level
- Mentioned and Thank You Message by Facilitator at Event
- Company name/logo displayed at event
- Host a breakout room/Virtual Booth
- Complimentary tickets to attend (Youth/ Student)
if you would like to discuss sponsorship/giveaway opportunities not listed above, please contact us at email@example.com
Ten Years of WCS
- Women in Cleantech and Sustainability hosts it’s first-ever networking event!
- Women in Cleantech becomes an official 501(c)6 organization
- First Board is formed
- First WCS Talks was held
- Our popular Jobs Board and Mentorship programs were established
- WCS Talks holds it’s first female-focused pitch competition for early-stage startups
- Successful launch of virtual membership. Record membership and community engagement at virtual happy hours, events and panels.
- Launch of new MemberClicks membership portal
- Decade of growth achieved.