At Women in Cleantech & Sustainability (WCS), we are committed to ensuring that those who are seeking to make an impact in the cleantech and sustainability industries have the ability to access opportunities through our programs and network.
Women in Cleantech & Sustainability is excited to create the WCS Scholarship Membership which is designed to open doors and strengthen access into the cleantech and sustainability conversations and to allow new members the opportunity to grow their careers and create their positive impact on the green economy.
- Must be 18 or older
- Identifies as BIPOC or other underserved community
- In need of assistance to cover membership costs due to financial hardship
- Someone who is passionate about working in the areas of cleantech and sustainability
- WCS Chapter Membership valued at $147/year
- Access to WCS Mentorship Program application
- Access to all WCS Virtual Events free
- Access to a network and community of women in diverse fields of work
WCS SCHOLARSHIP FAQs
An eligible scholarship recipient is passionate about joining the Cleantech and Sustainability space and may be interested to do so for an array of reasons. An eligible candidate:
- Must be at least be 18 years old
- Must identify as part of the BIPOC or other underserved community
- Must express financial hardship to prioritize a WCS Membership
- Other candidates that are experiencing circumstances that create barriers from gaining employment in the areas of cleantech and sustainability.
The scholarship membership program will be launched April 1st, 2021 with a deadline of May 1st, 2021. Applicants will be notified of their approval or rejection within 1 month of the application deadline. Have questions about your application? Email membership@
May 1st, 2021
The membership scholarship will grant selected participants a virtual membership, which includes:
- Access to WCS events calendar
- Virtual Happy Hours (free)
- Webinar Events (free)
- Access to secure virtual networking members list
- Advanced access to new job listings
- Profile on our membership database
- Annual member appreciation event
- 50% discount on WCS Talks Virtual Series
- 30% student discount on membership
1 obligation exists for candidates selected for the scholarship:
- Commit to actively participate in the WCS community by attending at least 3 events within the first 6 months of membership.
Note that memberships may be revoked if obligations are not met