Volunteer Entrepreneurship Co-Chair | Women In Cleantech & Sustainability
Position Type: Member of Women in Cleantech (WCS) Board of Directors
This is an unpaid volunteer position as part of a working board.
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP, then candidate will be onboarded
Founded in 2011, Women in Cleantech & Sustainability is a nonprofit 501(c)6 organization made up of more than 5,000 professional women and men building the green economy. Our members range from students and entry-level professionals to Founders, C-Suite executives, and investors.
As the entrepreneurship co-chair, you help run the entrepreneurship committee and lead the entrepreneurship program for WCS. You are a member of the WCS Board and will be influencing the strategic direction of the organization. You work closely with the other entrepreneurship co-chair, committee board members, volunteers, and coordinators to ensure that WCS hosts high quality entrepreneurship events. You are also responsible for leading the group of volunteers that are part of the committee.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work closely with the other co-chair to divide up responsibilities
- Work closely with the marketing, career development, and events committees
- Determine the most effective committee structure and help recruit volunteers to organize panels and socials.
- Facilitate meetings with volunteers, other board members, and coordinators
- Coach volunteer committee members
- Delegate administrative tasks to coordinators as needed
- Attend quarterly board meetings and leadership meetings and report on the status of the committee.
- Work with the board to define and articulate WCS organization & board priorities, vision, and goals
- Promote awareness of and participation in DEI goals in committee
Who you are: Skills and Experience
- An organized and disciplined individual with experience in program development
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with an ability to work unsupervised, problem-solve on the fly, and manage your own schedule with a fluctuating workload while meeting seasonal deadlines
- Have clear and concise communication skills to collaborate with others
- Recruitment, onboarding and exit of board members
- Annual Strategic Planning process
- Promote awareness of and participation in DEI goals in the entrepreneurship committee
Skills & Qualifications
The below skills are preferred but not required for consideration:
- Experience in program development,, project management, people management, or similar fields
- Enjoy meeting new people, facilitating Zoom calls and scheduling events
- Passionate about empowering women in the cleantech and sustainability space
- Industry knowledge and a sense for what makes a great program for entrepreneurs
- Experience in managing and leading a group of volunteers
- Volunteered with WCS for at least 3 months previously, 6 months ideal
- Build strong network of women in the sustainability field (board members and volunteers)
- Gain experience being in a nonprofit board setting
- Deepen network and interpersonal skills, particularly in leadership, mentorship, and recruitment
- Gain experience in making and enacting strategy decisions
- Attend WCS events for free
- Stay informed of trends in the cleantech and sustainability industry
Time Commitment & Expectations
- Lead committee meetings, attend quarterly leadership meetings and quarterly Board meetings (via video-conference) and annual in-person leadership retreat
- 5 hours per week dedicated to WCS
- 1 year commitment
- Successful candidates will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement
- Fundraising goal of $2,500 for corporate membership/sponsorship
- Annual board dues
- Volunteered previously for WCS (events, committee etc ideally for 6 months.)
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, send your resume and a 1-paragraph summary of why you are interested in this role to email@example.com (300 words max) indicating why you are interested in the role. The deadline for applications is September 15, 2022.
Please email with the heading “Entrepreneurship Co-Chair Application: [Name]” If you require any support applying online, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to everyone who takes the time to apply. Only selected applicants will be notified.