Various positions | Generate Capital | Various locations
Click the link to learn more and apply:
We are looking for a highly-analytical, hard-working, and detail-oriented individual who is excited by the opportunity to work as a member of the firm’s Capital Market’s team with external capital partners on the sourcing, structuring, modeling, and executing transactions. This is primarily a deal-focused role; the person will be vital to the successful planning and execution of Generate’s capital markets strategy. They will be closely involved in corporate and portfolio-level capital raises, the optimization of the company’s capital stack and cost of capital, and interfacing with current and prospective investors, banks, and other capital providers. This role will also work across all capital markets functions, offering the individual exposure to a diversity of transaction types, asset classes, sustainable infrastructure markets, and corporate roles with rotational opportunities across capital markets as a great way to broaden experience. No one day will be the same.
We are looking for an experienced structured & project finance associate to assist with the successful structuring, negotiation and closing of third-party capital for Generate’s sustainable infrastructure assets and loan portfolios. Using your strong project financing transaction expertise and comprehensive market knowledge you will play an integral role in all aspects of deal execution, coordinate with internal stakeholders and external partners and be responsible for due diligence, modeling, documentation, closing and funding transactions to established timelines.
This position will sit in our HQ in San Francisco (preferred) or in our DC area location.
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, this role is responsible for building the accounting and back-office infrastructure for Generate’s Fund business. The Fund Controller will lead and manage all the accounting, operations, and financial reporting requirements for each of Generate’s Funds. This is a highly visible position that requires this person to develop and maintain close cross functional relationships with Finance, FP&A, Capital Markets, Investor Relations, Treasury, Tax, Legal and the Investment team.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this role leads the preparation of external financial statements, analyzing internal financial reporting, including standalone subsidiary financial statements, and participates in other key financial initiatives. This role will help transform financial reporting and associated processes to be compliant with SEC requirements. This highly visible position will develop and maintain close business relationships with various disciplines throughout the organization including Data & Technology, FP&A, Capital Markets, Treasury, Tax, Legal and the Investment team. What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting:
- Lead all aspects of the preparation and review of quarterly and annual financial statements and drive reporting requirements to align with SEC requirements (e.g., Forms 10-K, 10- Q and 8-K) and internal financial reporting, drafting key disclosures and coordinating with key stakeholders.
- Participate in month-end and year-end closing activities.
- Partner with the FP&A team on the analysis of business performance with a goal to prepare quality MD&A.
- Coordinate and effectively communicate with various departments throughout the company and all levels of management regarding reporting issues.
- Monitors standard-setter activity at the SEC, analyzes impact of new/emerging regulations on the company and proactively develops policy to address adoption and implementation.
- Review Investor Relations external presentations and communications.
- Coordinate with the external auditors for the quarterly reviews and annual audit, partnering with the auditors to ensure timely signoff, review of new disclosures, and timely completion of the audit/review activities.
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to improve the reporting process and align with internal control requirements, including implementation of a reporting tool (e.g., Workiva or Active Disclosure).
- Perform continuous assessment of the reporting process with a goal to reduce number of financial statement drafts and turnaround time.
- Coordinate with other corporate functions, such as Data & Technology, Tax, Legal, and People & Culture, on company initiatives and financial matters.
- Serve as a mentor to others and has the ability to coach and develop cross functional team members.
- Work with other accounting departments in the Generate company portfolio on implementing processes to ensure timely reporting at the parent level.
- Participate in other projects as the need arises.
- Integral to the finance function talent recruitment and development efforts.
Generate is hiring an Asset Manager to oversee several assets within its various asset classes, including: Solar, Storage, Microgrids, and HVAC. This person is an experienced energy asset manager with excellent operational knowledge, with some prior experience in any combination of managing renewable operating assets, supplemented by a strong commercial skillset and a working knowledge of project finance and accounting concepts. You can drive cross-functional teams to successful outcomes with minimal oversight.
You are an experienced asset manager with excellent financial and operational knowledge, who has been exposed to the grid services industries, preferably BESS, supplemented by strong contract management, technical, and administrative skillsets.