Various positions | Cleantech Group | Flexible/Remote (North America or Europe)
Director of Events and Programs
As an Events and Programs Director, you’ll make your mark on the next part of our already successful journey.
Since pioneering the cleantech and sustainable innovation in the 2000s, we’re now in an accelerated growth phase. As the 2020s develop, propelled by the tailwinds of the innovation economy, the climate crisis and wider commitments to net zero, the opportunities in sustainability have never been greater.
DIRECTOR OF EVENTS AND PROGRAMS WILL:
- Lead this line of business with the support of a dedicated team. You’ll be accountable for all aspects of the events’ strategy, financials and the content, products and customer experiences.
- Take responsibility for planning and organizing meaningful, enjoyable and smoothly-run events and other engagement programs that bring together the ecosystem to exchange insights, network, and seed future deals accelerating progress toward our net-zero goals.
- Be a self-starter, and truly passionate about the opportunity and our mission to catalyze innovation-led business opportunities leading to a better, net zero, world.
- Report to the CEO and be a part of our global leadership team
Our calendar of online and in-person international events and programs are designed for innovation companies, investors, large industrial corporations, government organizations, and others in the cleantech ecosystem engaged with sustainable innovation as a business and growth opportunity.
Our events program is anchored by Cleantech Forums, the world’s longest-running innovation events of their kind. Today there are three annual Cleantech Forums – one in California, one in Europe and one in Asia. We also run occasional, smaller more focused events, on behalf of sponsors.
APAC 25, 50 to Watch and the Global Cleantech 100 are the existing examples of award programs which have a strong inter-connection with our events. Sponsored programs are a part of this person’s mandate too. Delivery of these programs, just like the events, will require close interaction and co-ordination with Research and Marketing.
Our events and programs are recognized leaders, with a track record spanning two decades. The director’s responsibility is to keep evolving and innovating to continue growing them in their third decade.
People and Operations Manager
As our People and Operations Manager you’ll help us to deliver the next phase of our growth plans. Since pioneering the idea of cleantech and sustainable innovation in the 2000s, we’re now in an accelerated growth phase. As the 2020s develop, propelled by the tailwinds of the innovation economy, the climate crisis and wider commitments to net zero, the opportunities in sustainability have never been greater.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and capable person to play an important role in our growth as we strengthen our team. People are critical to our ability to succeed and to the smoothness of our operation. We want to be ready for the future of work – and the changing needs of our employees. In fact, we want to be a leader in the trends shaping the world of work.
We want to be resourced and prepared to recruit and onboard people and attend to all the needs of individuals and the collective to keep us true to our ambition to be a fun and fulfilling place to work.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll report to the CEO. In the future, through growth and achievement, you may be invited to join the global leadership team, and help build the strategic direction and day-to-day management of the company.
The role will evolve over time with the company’s needs and will range from the highly strategic to the more specific and tactical.
The key overall objectives of the position:
- You’ll minimize the costs of attrition and maximize success rates by helping make our workplace exciting, fulfilling and fun for the team and by developing proactive people strategies.
- You’ll make us more operationally smooth and efficient – through the key lens of our people – and build some competitive advantage from designing a great employee experience that attracts and grows talent and unleashes our employees’ full potential.
- You’ll be a self-starter, and truly passionate about sustainable innovation and our mission to catalyze innovation-led business opportunities for a better, net-zero, world.