Technical Group Lead | First Solar | AL, United States
First Solar reserves the right to offer you a role most applicable to your experience and skillset.
Basic Job Functions:
Supervises and leads assigned shift engineering and shift maintenance technicians in the repair and process control of module equipment to meet shift goals in terms of Safety, Quality, Yield, and Throughput, in a cost-efficient manner.
- High school diploma or GED plus 3 years of supervisory experience with 2 years technical work experience in manufacturing, maintenance, or engineering OR
- High school diploma or GED plus 5 years of technical experience at First Solar OR
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in engineering, mechanical or electrical field with no experience.
- Experience in vacuum system, thermal, electrical, mechanical, and chemical industrial applications is preferred.
- Managed or participated in continuous improvement projects is preferred.
- Electrical and Mechanical knowledge are required.
- Knowledge of Vacuum and Thermal systems Wet Chemistry, Programming/Logic and Mechanical operation are desired.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, engineering controls, and equipment experience is preferred.
- Excellent process and equipment troubleshooting and structural problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Possess strong leadership, interpersonal skills, analytic skills, and ability to lead a flexible workforce.
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, decision-making, and planning skills.
- Proven ability to manage production associates effectively in terms of leading, supervising, coaching, training, and developing direct reports.
- Knowledgeable in structural problem solving and analysis such as 5-Why Analysis, Fishbone diagram and 7-Steps.
- Understands and can apply Statistical Data Analysis and Statistical Process Control (SPC), structural problem- solving tools (such as DMAIC).
- Demonstrate ability to analyze engineering and statistical data, driven corrective/ improvement action accordingly. JMP experience a plus.
- Preferred certified Lean Six Sigma Green belt.
- Good knowledge on EHS/Safety and Quality systems (ISO14001/ ISO9001/ ISO4500/ OSHA).
- Familiarity with Asset Management and Maintenance applications required. Maximo/CMMS, SAP, or Oracle preferred.
- Basic knowledge to work with different computer/ devices applications e.g., Mobile systems, Communication devices, Interface with Machine Control Panels and HMI interface.
- Experience with LOTO procedures, Mechanical and Electrical and stored energy hazards with good awareness of Control of Hazardous Energies.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs and analysis software.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.