Talent Development Manager | SB Energy | San Francisco Bay Area, CA preferred
About SB Energy
Do you want to work with high caliber professionals in a dynamic and growing company? Are you entrepreneurial, hard-working, and collegial? Are you committed to advancing the clean energy revolution? Join us at SB Energy, a world-leading company backed by SoftBank and Ares pairing cutting-edge innovation with best-in-class execution. Our Mission is to provide flexible renewable energy at scale, accelerating the global energy transition and benefiting our planet, customers, communities, and people.
SB Energy develops, constructs, and owns & operates some of the largest and most technically advanced renewable projects across the United States, with Headquarters in Redwood City, CA. The company was formed in 2015 as a subsidiary of Japanese multinational conglomerate SoftBank Group Corp. SB Energy launched its United States platform in 2019 and has quickly become one of the largest solar and storage developer/IPPs in the U.S. With almost 1.7 gigawatts (GW) of renewable energy projects in operation and a multi-GW pipeline, SB Energy is building the renewable energy future – today. SB Energy also utilizes its strong culture of innovation to identify and incorporate new technology into our projects, including our AI-based digital platform, to deliver renewable energy that is local, reliable, and matched to load.
Come join us in accelerating the energy transition to cleaner, more sustainable sources of power!
The Talent Development Manager will be responsible for designing, creating, and executing talent programs in relation to Learning, Development and Succession Planning for professional growth and career progression at SBE. This role will develop programs to train, coach and develop our current and future leaders, identify, and assess external programs through vendor partnerships, and create pathway opportunities across the team. The chief purpose of this role is to bring out the best in every person and the best in every team, so that we can deliver the best of ourselves to SBE’s mission and vision.
- Establish a vision and plan for SBE’s talent development strategy and drive the implementation of that strategy.
- Design and influence a full suite of development experiences to strengthen business and individual capability and performance.
- Partner with the Leadership Team to build Individual Development Plans for their teams while fostering SBE’s unique culture based on its values.
- Coach and influence leadership on their active engagement in talent planning and development processes.
- Manage existing and establish new programs to reinforce strong performance and potential and support our talent development and learning initiatives, including development of programs and content to help support our leaders, managers, and employees in many aspects of leadership development, job performance and professional skills.
- Identify content and deliver programs for new and experienced people leaders to provide them with management fundamentals.
- Establish metrics to measure the effectiveness of programs and development efforts.
- Identify, oversee, and assess the effectiveness of vendor relationships to ensure programs and services meet our needs and objectives.
- Drive and manage initiatives aimed at building a high-performance team, talent engagement, rewards & recognition and enhancing our culture of inclusion by working collaboratively with colleagues across the HR team.