System Administrator – Journey | The Information Technology Services Office (ITSO) | Thurston County – Lacey, WA
The Information Technology Services Office (ITSO) within the Department of Ecology is looking to fill an IT Systems Administration – Journey position. This position is located in our Headquarters Office in Lacey, WA.
In this role, your mission will be to contribute to strategic and tactical planning, while also providing direct operational support for Ecology’s Microsoft 365 implementation, SharePoint Administration, implementation & operations of on premises solutions and cloud-based services. You will provide comprehensive technical support and administration of the M365 tools and platforms used by Ecology in the WaTech shared tenant. You will perform highly complex tasks such as planning, designing, and delivering complex engineering project outcomes for major, mission-critical systems that influence the entire Ecology collaboration infrastructure. In bringing your unique experiences and by applying sound judgement, technical expertise, and system management practices, you will ensure development, implementation, maintenance and optimization of essential systems and processes necessary to fulfill the Agency’s mission-critical business goals.
The Information Technology Services Office (ITSO) is the central provider of strategic and tactical support for the use of Information Technology (IT) within Ecology. The mission of ITSO is to create and support useful technology services that adapt for the future and support Ecology’s mission.
What makes this role unique?
As a journey level administrator within the Infrastructure and Operations section of the Information Technology Services Office, you will ensure the resilience, availability and reliable operation of a large, diverse technical environment that supports a variety of IT and business systems and services. In addition, you will help support the infrastructure requirements of the entire agency across multiple sites throughout the state and including a large application development environment that includes development, testing and production operations. This is a critical and demanding role that calls for an innovative, resourceful individual, as the systems and services your position supports are relied upon daily by over 1,700 employees based in 10 locations statewide.
What you will do:
- Provide technical support for the Microsoft 365 Platform include but not limited to Teams, Teams Live, SharePoint Online, PowerApps, Power Automate, and Planner.
- Provide subject matter expertise in SharePoint Online and SharePoint 2019.
- Technical operations of the Microsoft 365 Online environments. Including design, implementation, maintenance, administration, and support.
- Perform technical on-boarding and support activities for a variety of SaaS based services that the agency invests in.
- Creation of standard operating procedures, training documentation, and consultation to team members to improve customer service.
- Reviewing current configurations and standards to identify, design, plan, recommend, and implement improvements.
- Writing scripts for automation, reporting, and standardization of operational processes.
- Day-to-day operational support to ensure high availability and optimal performance.
- Serve as technical lead on project teams and act as a resource for direction, training, and guidance for other staff.