SVP or Vice President – Utility, Automotive OEM, and Electric Vehicle (EV) Fleet | Rhythmos | Remote – Western U.S.
Rhythmos develops advanced technology that optimizes the electric mobility ecosystem, enabling the transition to a decarbonized power grid based on distributed energy resources as primary service providers. Our Rhythmos Algorithmic Optimization System (AOS) platform uses advanced machine learning and data analytics to optimize grid performance, considering EV fleet owner operational requirements, existing utility tariffs and rates, electric utility infrastructure capacity and grid constraints, wholesale energy market pricing, and more. By approaching optimization from this end-to-end ecosystem perspective, the Rhythmos AOS extracts the dormant value for all participants in the energy ecosystem, something traditional point solutions cannot identify and capture. Based in Boulder, CO, Rhythmos is at the forefront of solving a $2.1 trillion problem and facilitating a rapid and cost-efficient transition from fossil fuels to clean, renewable energy and decarbonized transportation.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President of Utility and EV Fleet Sales – Utility and EV (“VPUEV”) and working closing with the SVP of Strategy and Partnerships wins, maintains, and expands relationships with new partners and end-users that support the Company’s ability to achieve its sales, profit, and revenue growth objectives. The VPUEV represents the entire range of the Company’s SaaS products and services to the markets. The successful candidate is responsible for assisting its defining, executing, and managing a comprehensive growth and revenue initiative within the North American Electric Utility and EV Fleet and Automotives Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Markets, specifically passenger and Commercial Light-duty and Medium-duty Fleets and Electric Utilities.
The VPUEV acts as the company’s primary sales business development contact to ensure growth and top-line revenue objectives are met. This role is responsible for executing a tactical strategy to identify, develop, and close prospective new customers. The individual must be able to work effectively with existing channel partners and with senior technical and executive management of leading companies within the North America Utility, Fleet Charging, and Automotive OEM markets. This successful person will be a “sales closer” and thrive on building and expanding an early-stage company’s revenue trajectory.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts, specifically the technical solutions, strategic accounts, business development, and engineering teams.
- Meeting assigned targets for profitable sales targets and strategic objectives in assigned.
- Proactively assessing, clarifying, and validating client needs on an ongoing basis.
- Developing client account plans that meet and support company financial and product roadmap objectives.
- Supporting the closing of strategic opportunities identified by the partners and end users.
- Leading solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
Required Skills and Experience:
- The ability to originate and close new business within target markets in support of Company revenue and strategic objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preference for technical degrees. MBA is not required but strongly preferred.
- Proven experience working within sales environments for:
- Investor Owned (“IOU”), Municipally Owned (“MOU”), and Cooperative (“COOP”) Utilities
- Retail energy service providers
- Community choice aggregators
- EV Fleets (all types), both Commercial, Industrial, and /or Passenger Rental
- Prior experience with utility Supervisory, Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Outage Management System (OMS), Meter Data Management System (MDMS), Advance Distribution Management System (ADMS), and related utility enterprise software applications will be a significant advantage.
- Prior experience with EV Charging business models and technical specifications will be a significant advantage.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in a Senior sales or business development role or senior product marketing role selling or supporting a utility software solution.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills in person and on the phone. Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a strong work ethic and the ability to operate with minimal supervision.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Working in Utility, Aggregators, Infrastructure providers, EV Fleet, Traditional Fleet, and Automotive OEM markets – both large and mid-tier markets throughout North America.
- Selling complex and highly engineered Utility/ EV and DER business models in a “solutions selling” environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Must possess a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be able to travel domestically up to 50% of the time
Type of Position: Full Time
Primary Role: Senior Sales / Business Development
Work Experience: 5+ years
Skills: Selling SaaS solutions involving analytics, machine-learning, behavioral analytics, and predictive modeling for utility, energy, and EV Fleet or Automotive OEMs.
Location: Remote; but within a reasonable distance (~2 hrs.) of a major airport. Preference for ideal candidate to be located in Western U.S., though not a requirement.
Salary Range: Negotiable, based on experience
Equity Range: Negotiable, based on experience
Operations/ Recruiting Contact: Elaine Wheatley
Hiring Manager: Kenneth Munson