Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer, EVSE Hardware Team
Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer, EVSE Hardware Team | EVgo | Los Angeles
EVgo is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, with more than 800 fast charging locations in 66 markets in 34 states. Powered by 100% renewable energy. EVgo serves more than 200,000 customers nationwide.
EVgo fast chargers are compatible with all fast charge capable EV models currently on the market, including Tesla Models S/X/3 with a CHAdeMO adapter EVgo has the best operating record in the industry – more than 98% uptime – and consistently earns top consumer scores on PlugShare.
Founded in 2010, EVgo partners with retail hosts, hotels, shopping centers, gas stations parking lot operators, and other stakeholders to make it easier to fast charge your EV close to where you live, work and play.
Position Description EVgo is seeking a Supply Quality Assurance Engineer. You will be responsible for developing and improving the business processes for procurement, manufacturing, and quality of EVgo’s EVSEs. The successful candidate will architect, monitor, and optimize the EVSE supply chain across EVgo. Recently listed as one of the 2020 Global Cleantech 100, EVgo continues to lead the way in EVSE Fast Charging Technology deployment. Come join our team! Responsibilities:
- Participate in the planning and implementation of the overall supply chain strategy (road map) collaborating with the other members of the technology and operations team and cross-functional partners.
- Develop, monitor, manage, and optimize key supply chain KPIs.
- Evaluate qualification data, supplier process control data, and field performance and reliability data to ensure that parts used in EVgo projects are reliable, effective, and suitable for the application.
- Develop and present approval rationale and reliability risk assessments.
- Support the definition and sourcing of equipment required for EVSE R&D manufacturing/assembly including:
- Review and evaluate manufacturer submitted EVSE products and sub-components for effectiveness and completeness to address the necessary reliability testing and failure mechanisms for EVgoLead development of cost estimates for new and major programs, working from early concept cross-sections, drawings, concurrent engineering discussions, and evolving assumptions.
- Create and guide User’s Groups and Development Working Groups between suppliers and EVgo to develop appropriate subcomponents, products and solutions.
- Perform research into, and design and development, of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly and quality control and assurance methods for products as well as production equipment.
- Collaborate with Purchasing, Engineering and Construction, Field Operations, Finance, and Customer Service teams to determine best vendors and distributors.
- Identify process bottlenecks and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Document procedures for the supply planning process.
- Improve and elevate vendor alliances.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, reliability engineering, or related technical disciplines.
- 5-7 years of experience as a Supply Chain Engineer.
- Manufacturer auditing or quality management experience.
- Experienced with device qualification and test methods.
- Automotive vendors and/or automotive industry experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of customer specifications and competitive technical solutions.
- Manufacturer assembly and auditing skills, circuit analysis design