Supervisor- IT USA | First Solar | Trinity, AL, United States
First Solar reserves the right to offer you a role most applicable to your experience and skillset.
Basic Job Functions:
The key objective of this position is to oversee and continuously improve upon IT operations while maintaining production uptime. The Manufacturing Service Desk Supervisor is considered to be the face of IT to Manufacturing. This position manages second level support functions by working with a local and remote staff. The supervisor manages people, processes, and vendor partnerships, andl ensures that policies and procedures are executed properly. They also adhere to metrics on KPI’s set by management to provide baselines for meeting business targets. They are required to work with global team leaders to meet and exceed business support targets. They are expected to work with management and other support teams within First Solar to build a world class support organization.
The position includes 24/7 supervision of the manufacturing support team. This requires a flexible schedule as well as a strong focus on key business targets such as production safety, quality, uptime, and throughput. The supervisor is responsible for adhering to the existing global manufacturing service desk standards as well as documenting new processes and distributing globally. Also must ensure that all policies and procedures are executed properly by coordinating with vendors both on and off-site and collaborating with other manufacturing teams to maintain a secure, productive manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent years of work experience
- Minimum 6 years of related work experience
- 3 – 6 years of team lead or supervisory experience or 1 year of management experience
- Experience with ITSM tools (e.g. Remedy, ServiceNow, and Splunk ITSI)
- Experience in managing budgets and familiarity with procurement processes a plus
- 2+ years of experience in a role requiring interaction with leadership is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in IT manufacturing support