Strategic Partnerships Manager | New Energy Nexus | Oakland, California, United States
We are looking to hire a Strategic Partnerships Manager to build and cultivate our existing network of clean energy and social justice organizations in California, as well as identify and establish new strategic relationships with key organizations and partners in early stage clean energy innovation that can enhance what we do and the entrepreneurs we support.
As Strategic Partnerships Manager for the California team at New Energy Nexus, you will develop and nurture partnerships that advance storytelling and outreach for the CalSEED and CalTestBed programs, build relationships that could potentially lead to follow-on opportunities for grant recipients and program alumni, and plan events that showcase the clean energy entrepreneurs we support.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Managing Director of California, you will collaborate cross-functionally with the California team at New Energy Nexus and external partners to:
- Cultivate and nurture strategic partnerships (including women, LGBTQ+, Veteran, minority-led community organizations) to help drive a social equity in/out framework into outreach and marketing initiatives with the aim of increasing the diversity of applicants to the CalSEED and CalTestBed opportunities.
- Grow a network of business development partnerships for potential follow-on funding / pilot / demonstration opportunities for early stage entrepreneurs (e.g. Venture Capital firms, Government contacts, Social-impact Investors, Mentors, Utilities, Developers, Corporations, Ports, Universities, Hospitals, and general connections to resources) in collaboration with program staff.
- Organize bi-annual or quarterly investor pitch events in coordination with the Events Coordinator including space, sponsor, keynote speakers etc. with the aim of getting clean energy startups from our programs exposure to potential business partners.
- Build on New Energy Nexus’ existing network of local partnerships with clean energy and environmental justice organizations to collaborate and host events with.
- Engage with and strengthen connections between New Energy Nexus CA programs and energy organizations (e.g. EPRI, Guidehouse, Regional Energy Innovation Clusters, NREL, CCAs, REBA, LLNL, LBNL, DOE, etc.).
- Identify and vet new partner organizations for program offerings to early stage entrepreneurs (for example, Leadership Development workshops) and collaborate with existing partners to target outreach, coordinate events, and build networking opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager to build a robust pipeline of outreach partners, including influencers in government, incubators, clean energy companies, and environmental justice organizations.
- Organize and maintain a CRM system.
- Recruit and manage a part time Events Coordinator.
- Continue momentum and expand upon socialization efforts with State Representatives and local governments.
- Support ongoing recruitment of grant application reviewers.