Strategic Accounts Manager | Peninsula Clean Energy | Requires CA residency
Salary: To be determined, commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Requires CA residency and primary place of work to be within 100 miles of Redwood City, CA. Peninsula Clean Energy is a remote-first work environment. Employees will be expected to attend in-person meetings on a monthly to quarterly basis at the Peninsula Clean Energy office in Redwood City, CA. This position will also require periodic in-person meetings with representatives from key commercial accounts.
Peninsula Clean Energy is seeking a dynamic and creative business professional with experience in the energy industry serving large electric customers. The Strategic Accounts Manager works and acts as a central point of contact, strategic partner, and electric energy advisor for Peninsula Clean Energy’s largest (top 50-100) commercial, industrial, agricultural, and municipal customers. This position has responsibility for long-term customer retention through a wide range of customer service and business development methods including responding to customer inquiries, providing billing analysis, presenting clean energy information, offering creative pricing opportunities and promoting Peninsula Clean Energy programs to businesses and governmental agencies.
The Strategic Accounts Manager will develop strategic stakeholder alliances by understanding these customers’ most important business needs and economic drivers, determining how current or new Peninsula Clean Energy programs can assist these customers, and aligning solutions for mutual benefit. In addition, the Strategic Accounts Manager will work with the rest of the Account Services team to handle service-related issues including resolution of billing disputes, credits and collections issues, metering issues, and providing energy cost analyses. The Strategic Accounts Manager is expected to become an expert in Peninsula Clean Energy programs and to provide customers or other staff with technical explanations of Peninsula Clean Energy programs and billing mechanisms, and may be assigned with tasks related to the maintenance and implementation of various Peninsula Clean Energy programs focused on our commercial and municipal customer groups. To be effective, the Strategic Accounts Manager will also need to develop familiarity with Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) tariffs, programs and billing mechanisms and be able to analyze and explain energy usage and billing data within a consolidated bill generated by PG&E.
The position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities but will require team leader responsibilities.
- In the service of customer retention and satisfaction, actively develop and maintain relationships with key personnel and decision-makers among Peninsula Clean Energy’s large commercial, industrial, agricultural, and municipal customers
- Develop strategic stakeholder alliances by understanding customers’ most important business needs and economic drivers and aligning them with the goals and objectives of Peninsula Clean Energy, including program development and pricing strategies.
- Leverage presence in customer and related business trade organizations to monitor market/industry changes, address electric issues, and establish relationships with influential decision-makers and thought leaders
- Negotiate the signing of long-term volume purchase agreements and explore customized contracts with Peninsula Clean Energy’s largest business customers, as needed to provide for long-term customer retention
- Actively drive participation in Peninsula Clean Energy’s commercial programs, and be the point of contact for initial engagement as well as implementation
- Work with Accounts Services team to explain utility bill details and charges, and communicate billing information to customers, perform rate and cost comparisons for customers, and provide support for escalated interactions from Peninsula Clean Energy call center representatives
- Attend, present, and network at conferences, community meetings/events as a Peninsula Clean Energy spokesperson, both virtual and in-person depending on needs
- Understand the energy data needs of Peninsula Clean Energy’s commercial customers, and support energy data access through Peninsula Clean Energy’s external portal and reporting platforms
- Develop commercial custom reports through Peninsula Clean Energy’s data warehouse platform for external reporting and internal analysis
- Support marketing efforts to engage with Peninsula Clean Energy’s commercial and municipal customer segments, including sending newsletters, email communications, web pages, and marketing collateral
- Plan and host regular commercial customer webinars to update customers on Peninsula Clean Energy programs, power procurement goals, and relevant energy and sustainability topics.