Sr. Manager/Director of Field Operations
Sr. Manager/Director of Field Operations | Chanje Energy, Inc. | Los Angeles, CA
Chanje is a California-based OEM delivering medium duty electric vehicles and turnkey energy infrastructure for the last mile industry. We are focused on creating sustainable solutions that improve how companies move people and packages from transportation hubs to their final destinations.
Our opportunity is bigger than simply replacing fossil fuel vehicles with electric. Our long-term vision is to create sustainable urban solutions that improve the last mile and positively impact people, businesses, and communities.
We are here to change energy. Our work starts with changing the fuel of transportation, but we are driven by a much bigger purpose. This larger purpose is to change human energy. We do this by becoming both a catalyst for and an example of positive intention.
Our Corporate Culture
At Chanje, we subscribe to the theory of abundance. Life and business can be win-win. We view our world from a mindset of plenty. We bring this attitude into all areas of our business — both internally and externally.
As a Deliberately Developmental Organization (DDO), we are committed to the development of our work family – professionally and personally. Everyone at Chanje is equipped with a toolkit that allows them to communicate openly, assess their strengths and weaknesses, cultivate their coaching competencies, grow their consciousness, and reflect.
As Sr. Manager or Director Field Operations this position will report to Vice President, Energy Services. She/He will oversee third party construction of EV Charging Infrastructure for our fleet customers.
The Sr. Manager or Director will be responsible to develop, coordinate, manage, and lead the Company’s EV infrastructure construction operations and ongoing maintenance services necessary to meet project schedules and cost targets while achieving exceptional customer satisfaction. This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of the EV industry by overseeing the largest single-fleet charging infrastructure buildout in the nation, and setting the standard for future EV deployments.
- Oversee the EV infrastructure field operations of the Company, including all construction activity, to drive desired Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Secure, manage, and oversee all remote and onsite field operations activities
- Work closely with EPC partners to manage construction activities in the field and deliver high-quality turnkey installations
- Manage the entire design-build process, and define internal processes for project management according to industry best practices
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Review-recommend-approve cost proposals and estimates
- Perform cost analysis for completed and future project to institute continuous improvement
- Work with electric utilities and local AHJs to manage design and project approvals as required
- Utilize industry standard construction management software programs (Ex: Procore) to track and analyze active and completed projects
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Ability to lead, manage, direct employees-Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Other duties as needed to support the company
- Dedicate time to personal development assignments and be willing to get on the mat and practic
- Must be open to domestic and international travel
Preferred Education & Requirements
- Proven working experience in a leadership role at the Manager or Director level
- “On Site” construction management experience (larger national scale projects including DC fast charging and/orEV charging stations for corporations preferred)
- Utility-New electrical building service experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of Safety, building products, construction details, electrical regulations, and quality standards. NEC, NFPA-70, OSHA 10-30
- Working Knowledge of Utility Government funded programs, prevailing wage, and Davis Bacon Act reporting a plus
- Current or previous C10 electrical or General Builder license holder
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, or related field preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in construction management or equivalent of education/work experience in the electric vehicle charging industry
- Operations & Maintenance experience in the electric vehicle charging equipment service industry (On Road/Off road/Airport)
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) automotive manufacturing experience a plus
- Previous experience managing third party design and construction companies is a plus
- Operating company vehicles or heavy machinery/equipment may be required for this role
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a mindset of always asking how can I do this better?
- Strong planning, organizational, communication and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and be held accountable for committed actions
- Must work and interact well with others in a highly collaborative environment
- Valid passport & valid driver’s Licens
- A willingness to change energy!
Working Location and Reports
- This position works out of the Corporate Headquarters in Los Angeles.
- This position reports to the Vice President, Energy Services.
Chanje is expressly committed to the personal development of its employees. As such, employees are given access to a host of leadership and development tools through an ongoing organizational and personal development curriculum.
Given this commitment, the Sr. Manager or Director Field Operations is expected to:
- Be willing to learn, practice, and employ Chanje’s development tools. Including feedback, reflection, and coaching.
- Be willing to identify personal areas for growth and work to improve them.
- Participate in the regular cadences of the organizational and personal development curriculum including weekly team practices, weekly assignments, and monthly coaching sessions.
- For managerial purposes, establish a literacy and proficiency of the Chanje tools which allows for the support and development of team members.
- Have the developed skills to coach others or show an aptitude to develop this skill set.
- Have the developed skills to integrate and support Chanje’s development tools across your team’s regular business rhythms or show an aptitude to develop this skill set.
To apply for this position please Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.