Sr. Data Analyst
Sr. Data Analyst | Borrego | Oakland, CA
Borrego is seeking a Sr. Data Analyst to join our growing team.
At Borrego, we don’t accept the status quo. We are driven by a culture of teamwork, fearless thinking, safety, and adaptability as we pursue our mission to accelerate the adoption of renewable energy. With more than 850 MW already installed, we’re excited about the “Gigawatt Revolution” and growth happening across our company as we shift from megawatts to gigawatts of large-scale solar and energy storage in the coming years.
After 40 years in business, Borrego is a trusted name in the solar industry and well-known for our strong employee culture. We combine the stability and wisdom gained by decades in business with an entrepreneurial spirit. Our employees are driven and animated by the Borrego System of Excellence, an operating framework detailing our mission, vision, strategy, and cultural principles and working systems.
About the Role
We’re looking for a quick-learning, motivated senior data analyst to join the team responsible for modeling and assessing key business metrics. Our team is made up of a group of engineers and Product Managers who are passionate about turning data into actionable insights, developing innovative solutions to key business problems, and continuously improving workflows. As a member of this team, your talent and expertise will help shape the company’s data analytics initiatives.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as our analytics lead for our big data team
- Independently contribute to and champion analytics projects and build dashboards, models, and tools to drive decision making and efficiency
- Work closely with product managers to define requirements, obtain buy-in, and maintain trust in reporting
- Process ad hoc analysis requests and make provide results to stakeholders
- Query and analyze large sets of data from multiple sources and system tools
- Engage in multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Efficiently manage project queue, develop streamlined workflows, and implement best practices
While no one individual will possess them all, the successful candidate will bring many of the following experiences, skills, and attributes:
- BS in a quantitative field
- 8+ years of experience as a Data Analyst
- Deep understanding of Tableau or equivalent tools and ability to learn and adopt
- Adept at writing SQL/relational database queries and scripting in Python
- Experience with spreadsheet tools including Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Knowledge of statistics and understanding of key business concepts
- Exposure to business intelligence and visualization platforms such as Tableau, or PowerBI
- Effective communications skills with demonstrated experience presenting data cross-functionally
- Have the desire to join a fast-paced environment
- Proactively find innovative and unique solutions to problems
- Swiftly adapt to and thrive in a rapidly evolving environment
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail and quality
- Be detail-oriented with superior organizational skills
- Learn new tools and techniques quickly
- Excitement about growing along with a fast-paced, dynamic company; comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to build, experiment, and iterate when the path forward is undefined
- A passion for renewable energy, addressing the climate crisis, and accelerating the clean energy transformation
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture
Borrego uses an internally equitable and externally competitive total cash approach to compensation. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance; a comprehensive wellness program; 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting; continuing education and professional development assistance; and self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies.
Our corporate culture fosters collaboration, a growth mindset, and the ability to take risks — and we value innovative thinkers who will help us reach our ambitious growth goals. We believe that flexibility and work-life balance are important parts of long-term employee happiness and productivity. Our employees are trusted to get their work done and are given the freedom to do so when they are their most efficient, creative, and engaged.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Borrego values the diverse perspectives, skills, experiences, and contributions of all employees. We want all our employees to feel like they belong and are empowered to be their most authentic selves at work. We’re actively committed to fostering diversity and creating an inclusive environment not only within our own organization but also within the renewable energy industry.
We seek a diverse candidate pool in this – and every – search. Borrego provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. EEO M/F/D/V.
A Note to Third-Party Recruiters
Borrego’s People + Culture team coordinates all recruiting and hiring at our company. Borrego does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters, staffing firms, or related agencies. Resumes are only accepted from third-party recruiters, staffing firms, or related agencies if a signed agreement is in place AND if external recruiting assistance is authorized by the People + Culture team for a specific position. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Borrego. Borrego is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.