Solutions Engineer | Voltaiq | Remote
“The battery is the technology of our time.” -The Economist
Voltaiq is an Enterprise Battery Intelligence (EBI) software company. Our data platform brings unprecedented analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. Our customers are world-leading brands — including global automakers (Mercedes, Proterra), household-name tech giants (Google, Microsoft, Amazon), and major battery producers and their materials suppliers (Albemarle, Sila Nanotechnologies) — depend on Voltaiq software to accelerate product development, optimize performance, ensure safety and reliability, and unlock financial value in their products. Our high-powered team is composed of battery industry veterans, PhD scientists, a highly skilled product and engineering team, and an advisory board of C-level industry execs, all of whom are passionate about enabling the global energy transition. Voltaiq is a USA-based fully remote company serving customers around the world.
The Solutions Engineer (SE) position at Voltaiq is a technical, customer-facing role, deeply involved in the overall sales process and ongoing customer relationship. You will work with members of the Sales team and other personnel to support closing deals by ensuring proper technical scoping to ensure the prospective customer’s needs can be met by our software. The candidate should have sufficient customer facing experience and battery industry experience to work with customer engineering teams to understand their technical needs in order to deliver a compelling solution. Our ideal candidate is also comfortable elevating their understanding of battery engineering to engage in discussions with executives and able to compellingly discuss the value of the Voltaiq solution. This position reports to the Director of Battery Science and Engineering.
- Work with the whole Voltaiq Commercial team (Sales, Marketing, Business Development, and Customer Success) throughout the sales process to win deals and deliver best practice strategies for implementation on a customer-by-customer basis through a deep product expertise with the Voltaiq software.
- Deliver engaging and compelling product demonstrations, both in-person and via web conference, to support sales, business development, and general thought leadership activities.
- Own the scoping and demonstration process: work with customers to understand their specific technical and business needs to a) determine scope of work for feature customizations to ensure successful post-sales customer engagements, and b) tailor product demonstrations with provided data to promote how Voltaiq’s solutions will create value for their organizations.
- Build strong technical relationships with teams at prospective business development partners and develop proof-of-concept plans and implementations for business development endeavors.
- Contribute to internal R&D projects, implement analytics scripts in python and develop technical content including blog posts, technical specification, demonstration videos, webinars and speak publicly to establish Voltaiq’s thought leadership at the intersection of battery engineering and data analytics.
- Update the CRM in a timely manner with all current account information including organization maps, meeting notes, and contacts
- Assist with new customer growth activity and development of new business opportunities through outbound lead generation, conferences, web-conferences, and in-person meetings.
- Up to 80% travel to customer sites and tradeshows (subject to global health-based restrictions)