Site Developer | EVgo | Los Angeles, CA
EVgo is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, with more than 800 fast charging locations in 66 markets in 34 states. Powered by 100% renewable energy. EVgo serves more than 200,000 customers nationwide.
EVgo fast chargers are compatible with all fast charge capable EV models currently on the market, including Tesla Models S/X/3 with a CHAdeMO adapter EVgo has the best operating record in the industry – more than 98% uptime – and consistently earns top consumer scores on PlugShare.
Founded in 2010, EVgo partners with retail hosts, hotels, shopping centers, gas stations parking lot operators, and other stakeholders to make it easier to fast charge your EV close to where you live, work and play.
EVgo’s Site Development team is key to the company’s success, enabling the expansion of the nation’s largest public fast charging network through partnerships with retailers, property owners, and other key hosts. This Site Developer position will be an integral part of that team and will be responsible for evaluating opportunities and securing and/or expanding partnerships to advance the development of public charging infrastructure in their assigned territory. The successful applicant will leverage EVgo’s analytical tools and resources to vet potential EV charging sites and develop partnerships with existing and prospective site hosts in a win-win arrangement that enables EVgo to deploy a charging amenity in a location attractive to both hosts and drivers. The successful candidate will manage site evaluation and selection, host contract negotiation, coordination across the Site Development team and across the company’s Engineering and Construction team to assess power and infrastructure needs, as well as ensuring efficient project hand-off to the Engineering & Construction team for construction and project close-out, as well as, to the appropriate account manager. The candidate will be responsible for developing presentation materials and engaging with real estate managers, owners, and executives on the benefits of Fast EV Charging. They will be responsible for maintaining strong relationships throughout the contracting, installation, commissioning, and operational phases. The candidate will track all activities via EVgo’s CRM tool and present progress frequently to senior members of the EVgo team to ensure goals are being achieved. Candidates for this position must be excellent communicators and able to work through complex technical, regulatory, and relationship issues to design site-specific charging infrastructure solutions. The successful candidate will be goal-motivated, adaptable in a start-up environment, a strategic thinker, a nimble negotiator, and a self-starter.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of potential site hosts that will meet our goal to deliver best-in-class Fast EV Charging locations.
- Work closely with legal team to draft, negotiate, and close site host agreements.
- Create new real estate partnerships through B2B outreach, attending networking events, working with real estate brokers, and developing leads received from Project Coordinators.
- Assess a wide range of properties for EV infrastructure feasibility and design cost-effective, driver-oriented infrastructure with input from the property manager.
- Manage all site host communication throughout the business. development cycle from location selection through commissioning phases.
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting/data entry on-site. development into appropriate CRM systems.
- Respond to any site host feedback and resolve any issues to ensure the preservation of the business relationship.
- Partner with Engineering & Construction team to assess and manage installation costs and timelines.
- Work as a team to develop and optimize continuous improvement of design, relationship, and sales process.
- Adapt to a changing business model and contribute across the organization
Required Skills and Experience:
- High performance in B2B/B2C, Business Development, or Account Management sales-driven roles.
- Highly organized and able to project manage 20+ projects in various phases simultaneously without a decrease in quality.
- Experience managing a pipeline and successfully negotiating contracts.
- Comfortable communicating with various stakeholders including C-suite executives, landlords, property managers, marketing managers, and facility managers.
- A thoughtful approach to analyzing risk and getting ahead of problems before they impact project timelines.
- Self-motivated, problem-solver with high attention to detail.
- Sound analytical skills. Ability to exercise personal judgment to make a decision where required.
- Excellent initiative and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and to respond to changing demands from multiple sources.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to operate effectively in a start-up environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required, and two or more years of field sales experience.
- Basic understanding of building & electrical infrastructure a plus.
- Experience selling to or managing large, national portfolio accounts a plus.
- Existing Relationships and understanding of the commercial real estate market a plus.
- Role location is flexible within the greater Los Angeles area.