Senior Vice President of Development | Adapture Renewables | Oakland, remotely
Adapture Renewables, Inc. is on a mission to be a leader in this new era of sustainable energy. Drawing upon an extensive knowledge base, we develop, finance, engineer, build, own, and operate high quality utility-scale photovoltaic projects and battery energy storage projects. Our Development team is looking for a talented SVP of Development to be the department’s leader and sponsor to support the efforts of our fast-growing company. Adapture Renewables is owned by KIRKBI – the private holding and investment company of the Kirk Kristiansen family founded to build a sustainable future for the LEGO® brand through generations.
This position will lead our Development team and will drive and oversee the general strategy and the day-to-day management of our development work. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and supervise the regional development leaders and their staff. The ideal candidate will be located near our Oakland office, but we will consider a candidate who works remotely depending on experience, skill set, and cultural fit.
- Work with the C-Suite and Board of Directors to set and manage annual goals and continue to build a development team capable of supporting the future needs of the business.
- Post significant and continual growth to the development pipeline and, ultimately, the project backlog.
- Continually be reassessing the US competitive landscape, forecast changes, and help to identify opportunities for utility-scale renewable projects.
- Manage and coordinate the Development team’s efforts (including those of support consultants) with respect to market assessments, site control, interconnection, environmental/permitting, and pre-construction engineering.
- Effectively lead a team in a dynamically evolving project environment with numerous projects at different development stages. Calibrate the pace of project development in accordance with leadership’s objectives. Creatively and nimbly address and solve project-level challenges to adhere to established schedules.
- Orchestrate consistent and reliable budgets and schedules for all projects in the development pipeline.
- Skillfully assess the drivers and results of project valuation models and related financial scenarios to provide insights regarding value-creating investment opportunities to the C-Suite and Board of Directors.
- Consistently make efficient, thorough, transparent, and risk-assessed investment recommendations to the company’s leadership team.