Senior Technical Product Manager
Senior Technical Product Manager | AutoGrid | Redwood City, CA
The world’s leading energy companies turn to AutoGrid to integrate all distributed energy resources, turn on new revenue streams and drive deeper engagement with their customers. Our suite of Energy Internet applications allows utilities, electricity retailers, renewable energy project developers and energy service providers to deliver clean, affordable and reliable energy in a distributed energy world.
How do we do this? By pioneering the science of flexibility management. This innovative approach enables energy providers to mine the Energy Internet’s rich data lode to extract flexible capacity from distributed energy resources. In turn, flexible capacity can be used to balance energy supply and demand in real time, increase the productivity and value of energy assets, and deliver new energy services to customers.
Established at Stanford University in 2011, we have assembled a team of world-class software architects, electrical and computer engineers, data scientists and energy experts who apply cutting-edge analytics and in-depth energy data science to solve the world’s most critical energy problems.
- Ensure Product quality & robustness, including (but not limited to): scalability, API performance, infrastructure, architecture, monitoring, security.
- Support delivery team to ensure seamless integration and deployments.
- Work with engineers to deliver a scalable architecture that meets current needs and considers future growth scenarios.
- Prioritize between different technical initiatives, customer features, architectural improvements and operational excellence. Drive the product roadmap to build a truly self-service platform.
- Manage incoming operational escalations, analyze issues and implement long term solutions.
- Reduce operational work by automating processes and providing self-service tools.
- Work across the entire organization, including Engineers, Sales, Solution Architects (SA), Customer Success, and Professional Services (PS).
Desired Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise software in product management or product development.
- Proactive, self-organized, work with little direction, in a fast-paced and changing environment. Flexibility to work with 3+ time zones across North America, Europe and APAC.
- Electricity industry and / or data science experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to dive into software systems for debugging purposes and run tests.
- Capability to quickly grasp customer priorities, perform rapid assessments of clients’ internal technology infrastructure and target business needs with AutoGrid’s application suite.