Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager | Stem, Inc. | Millbrae, CA
About the job
Position: Senior Product Manager, Independent Power Producer (IPP) Solutions
Reports to: Head of Product Management
Stem provides solutions that address the challenges of today’s dynamic energy market. By combining advanced energy storage solutions with Athena™, a world-class artificial intelligence (AI)-powered analytics platform, Stem enables customers and partners to optimize energy use by automatically switching between battery power, onsite generation and grid power. Stem’s solutions help enterprise customers benefit from a clean, adaptive energy infrastructure and achieve a wide variety of goals, including expense reduction, resilience, sustainability, environmental and corporate responsibility and innovation. Stem also offers full support for solar partners interested in adding storage to standalone, community or commercial solar projects – both behind and in front of the meter.
Stem’s culture embodies diversity & inclusion beyond the traditional facets of gender, ethnicity, age, disabilities, and sexual orientation to include experience, personality, communication, workstyles, and more. At our core, Stem is at the momentous intersection of clean energy and software technology where diverse ideas, experiences, and professional skills converge to make the inclusive culture we have today. Together, we are turning old school thoughts about software and energy into progressive, collaborative, and innovative solutions. By joining our team, you will be collaborating with data scientists, energy experts, skilled salespeople, thought-leading executives and more from a range of backgrounds. This intersection of ideas, beliefs, and skills is what makes us unique enough to lead the world’s largest network of digitally connected energy storage systems.
What we are looking for:
Stem’s product management team drives the roadmap and execution of Stem’s core capabilities. Successful product managers at Stem are entrepreneurial, flexible, team-oriented servant leaders who constantly strive to learn from others.
As energy storage is rapidly deployed across the world, Stem is ensuring the success of grid-scale, merchant storage and solar-plus-storage hybrid power plants. The Senior Product Manager, IPP Solutions will own the roadmap and execution of our solutions for this high growth customer segment. To ensure the company’s continued success in this market, we are looking for a leader with strong knowledge of wholesale electricity markets and a track record of delivering successful products to the energy industry.
- Build and deliver successful product offerings for developers and owners of storage and solar + storage power plants, in collaboration with Business Development, Product Marketing, and Program Operations
- Define market opportunities and create differentiated solutions based on knowledge gained from customers, partners, and other external sources
- Generate strategic roadmaps and quarterly OKRs which extend Stem’s competitive advantage and address marketplace trends
- Drive product vision and requirements, validating direction regularly with internal teams, partners and customers
- Effectively manage priorities and product backlog with familiarity in Agile development methodology
- 5+ years experience in wholesale electricity markets and software product management
- Experience with distribution- and transmission-scale solar and/or energy storage project development, deployment, and operations
- Experience leading major product initiatives from inception through execution: setting vision, leading product discovery and design discussions, defining roadmap, managing releases, and tracking success metrics
- Experience with software development, preferably cloud, IoT, and big data platforms
- Ability to influence across teams, both with and without direct authority
- Ability to communicate clearly with many stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree in Science or Business
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple functional areas, including engineering, sales, customer operations, finance, and marketing
- History of setting and achieving strategic goals using research and data
Millbrae, California, United States
To learn more about Stem, visit stem.com where you’ll find information about our solutions, technology, partners, case studies, resources, latest news and more.
Stem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.