Senior Manager, Renewable Fuels | Center for Resource Solutions | San Francisco
Application Deadline: Ongoing (Open until filled)
Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) is 501(c)(3) nonprofit that promotes policy and market-based solutions to advance sustainable energy in the U.S. and internationally. CRS’s work engages stakeholders across the sustainable energy sector, including renewable energy users, sellers, government, and other NGOs through its education, technical assistance, and policy-focused programs and outreach. CRS also administers the market-leading Green-e® programs, which offer independent environmental and consumer protection standards and certification for buyers and producers of renewable energy, such as utility green power programs, and carbon offsets and biomethane.
Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) is seeking a Senior Manager to lead the organization’s renewable fuels programs and activities, including the Green-e® Renewable Fuels certification program. This position will play a key role in managing and expanding the program. The Senior Manager is a full-time exempt position. This position will be in-person, based at CRS’s San Francisco office, subject to the organization’s COVID-19 protocols and any applicable public health orders.
This new position will lead and manage the Green-e® Renewable Fuels certification program in the U.S. and Canada, including program operations, program outreach, standard setting, as well as provide direction and contribute to CRS’s renewable fuels policy and expert assistance engagements. The Green-e® Renewable Fuels certification program was created to address the emerging voluntary market for renewable thermal energy, starting with biomethane, also known as renewable natural gas (RNG). The program engages directly with producers, sellers, and buyers of renewable fuels by establishing best practices for product marketing and environmental sustainability, and ensuring that consumers receive product and environmental benefits consistent with the Green-e® requirements. In the future, the program will be expanding to include other renewable fuels and renewable thermal technologies, such as green hydrogen. This is an exciting new field, and you will have the opportunity to help accelerate the substitution of renewable fuels for fossil fuels to expedite the transition to sustainable energy. In addition to leading the Green-e® Renewable Fuels certification program, this position will, in collaboration with CRS leadership, contribute to the direction and scope of the organization’s future work in renewable fuels through both policy and market based programs and projects.
The Senior Manager is responsible for leading of CRS’s renewable fuels activities, including the direction and day-to-day management of the Green-e® Renewable Fuels program.
Lead and manage program operations for the Green-e® Renewable Fuels program, including all key program processes, participant engagement, and managing CRS support staff. Example duties include:
- Oversee verification of supply and sales for program participants • Oversee carbon intensity calculation validations for renewable fuels production facilities
- Manage facility review and approval processes
- Manage marketing compliance review for program participants • Manage invoicing processes
- Streamline program operations processes
- Manage and collaborate with teams
Work with the program outreach team to grow the program and provide educational content to key stakeholders and audiences. Example duties include:
- Oversee onboarding of new participants into the program
- Conduct outreach to potential program participants and key stakeholders • Develop and deliver presentations at conferences, workshops, and on webinars
Lead standard setting processes to ensure the Green-e® Renewable Fuels Standard evolves as the market transforms and expands, while maintaining environmental integrity. Example duties include:
- Expand the program to include other renewable fuels and renewable thermal technology applications, such as green hydrogen
- Design and implement stakeholder engagement processes
- Manage Working Group and Advisory Group outreach, logistics, and member relationships
- Interact with the Green-e® Governance Board on standard setting for the program
Policy and Expert Assistance
Manage renewable fuels policy and market development work for CRS through research and expert assistance. Example duties include:
- Research and track renewable fuel policy developments at the state and federal level
- Provide expert assistance in GHG accounting for renewable fuels • Conduct targeted qualitative and quantitative research
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERRED SKILLS
CRS seeks a candidate with an understanding of clean energy and greenhouse gas accounting, knowledge of renewable energy policy design, and experience engaging with industry and NGO stakeholders. Preferred skills and experience include:
- 5+ years of experience working in clean energy, including a minimum of 1-2 years working in renewable fuels (such as LCFS markets, RIN markets, biomethane, and/or green hydrogen). Significant experience in renewable fuels markets is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s/advanced degree a plus • Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with stakeholder outreach and communications
- Experience with project management
- Knowledge of carbon accounting best practices for state, regional and national policies, corporate and product carbon footprints, and carbon impact claims • Familiarity with third party certification programs and standard setting; knowledge of the Green-e® programs and standards a plus
- Experience contributing to white papers and giving presentations (e.g., at conferences or on webinars)
- Flexible self-starter; able to multitask and prioritize across multiple projects; must be able to work independently
- Experience conducting research and analysis, both quantitative and qualitative • Though not a requirement, fluency in a foreign language is a plus, especially Mandarin or Spanish, would support impact in other CRS programmatic work
The target salary for this position is $80,000. Candidates with significant additional relevant experience may be considered for a position with a higher salary range.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
CRS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are important to our organization and accomplishing our work of promoting sustainable energy and addressing climate change. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any applicable legally protected characteristic. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. CRS is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
CRS is in the Tides Converge San Francisco office in San Francisco’s Presidio National Park.
CRS cares deeply about the health and welfare of its employees. Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. “Full vaccination” is determined based on applicable law and regulation. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please send an email to jobs@resource solutions.org to submit a resume and cover letter. Include the job title in the subject line. No calls or email inquiries please.
To learn more about our hiring policies, procedures, and benefits, visit CRS Jobs.