Senior Manager, Just Global Energy Transition | EDF | Washington, D.C., Austin, Boston, Boulder, New York, Raleigh, Remote – US, San Francisco
This position can be performed 100% remotely or on a hybrid arrangement out of any other US-based EDF office location – candidates must currently reside in and be based out of the United States.
Under the direction of the Director for Just Policy Solutions, the Senior Manager, Just Global Energy Transition will be responsible for day-to-day oversight and collaboration to catalyze applying a justice lens and promoting equitable outcomes within EDF efforts related to a global clean energy transition. This includes EDF’s work on methane, emerging technologies such as hydrogen and CCS, decarbonizing electricity, and moving beyond gas and other fossil fuels. The position is housed within EDF’s Justice and Equity team but will collaborate laterally across many teams and projects within EDF.
The Senior Manager will help shape and implement our justice and equity strategy related to the global clean energy transition.
Primary activities include:
- Advise on the development of programmatic and strategic directions for work related to the global energy transition across the organization.
- Build, refine, and adapt EDF’s EJ Strategic plan, first adopted by the EDF board in fall 2022, as it relates to EDF’s work on the global clean energy transition.
- Identify, execute, and coordinate necessary research and analysis critical to informing and advancing justice and equity priorities as they relate to the Just Energy Transition.
- Provide justice and equity related guidance, mentorship, and thought partnership through coordination and effective communication with EDF staff and consultants across multiple programs, drawn from the subject matter expertise and fluency with equity and justice considerations
- Proactively identify emerging strategic linkages across Mission areas – including our technical/subject matter experts, as well as our regional teams in China, India, Europe, and US – on issues related to the global energy transition, help facilitate dialogue to assess new opportunities and anticipate potential challenges when necessary
- Collaborate seamlessly with external partners critical to the program’s success. Maintain external relationships with key stakeholders as needed to support the work.
- Represent EDF at various conferences and other public speaking engagements and provide expert level information.
- Manage internal staff and consultants, as needed.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.