Senior Consultant | Optimal Energy | Providence, RI or Hinesburg, VT
About Optimal Energy Inc.
Optimal Energy (optenergy.com) is looking for a Senior Consultant. We are an industry leader in energy efficiency and demand-side management analysis, policy, and program support; our staff are experts in policy planning, program design and implementation, evaluation, and technical research and analysis. Our clients include utilities, efficiency program administrators, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations. We support our clients in developing integrated clean energy resources that are low-cost, least-risk, and offer the most environmentally responsible ways to meet local, regional, and national energy and climate needs. We are actively involved in many of the leading efficiency program portfolios in the U.S. We build longterm relationships with our clients, and have supported many for over a decade, providing innovative and evolving services as their clean energy needs change. Our company and our staff are led by our values: collaboration, transparency and a team approach. We support innovation, employee input and leadership, and a healthy work/life balance.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant to interface with clients in existing project work and to contribute to business development efforts, cultivating new client relationships and projects. Senior Consultants represent Optimal Energy and Optimal’s work to clients, whether independently or as part of larger project teams. Senior Consultants are expected to work independently to develop business relationships in the industry through speaking engagements, conference attendance and outreach. Senior Consultants are responsible for effective project management, including managing schedules and budgets, communication with clients, and timely production of final project deliverables. Senior Consultants will interact regularly with clients, contribute to client development and marketing efforts, and potentially manage other Optimal Energy staff.
• Advise clients on effective planning and implementation of energy efficiency and demand side management programs and on policies that promote lowest-cost, environmentally responsible, and sustainable energy resources;
• Represent Optimal Energy and Optimal’s work product to clients and stakeholders;
• Market Optimal Energy’s services through industry outreach as well as development of project proposals;
• Identify and recruit prospective clients and maintain ongoing client interaction;
• Advise on design and evaluation of clean energy, demand-side management, and other advanced energy programs, strategies, administrative models, resources, and policies;
• Synthesize analysis of energy programs and policies, for example, impact and economic and other cost-benefit analysis;
• Manage projects and teams (other staff and subcontractors) to produce deliverables on time and on budget;
• Participate in staff-wide company operations and development projects.
• Experience leading teams and working on projects as or with third-party consultants
• An interest in business and client development and a track record of independent engagement in the energy efficiency and energy industry – presentations, conference attendance, publication, etc.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills that support Optimal’s focus on producing clear, concise, and understandable deliverables
• Facility with analysis and an analytical mindset that generates trustworthy, accurate results
• Knowledge of energy efficiency technologies, practices, policies, and programs
• Solid organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities and deadlines
What We Offer
• A congenial, relaxed work environment
• Competitive salary; generous retirement plan & paid time off; tuition reimbursement; employersubsidized health insurance; dental insurance, disability, and life insurance
• Excellent opportunity for professional development and advancement
Providence, RI or Hinesburg, VT office preferred, other locations considered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optimal Energy, Inc., is committed to diversity and inclusion in hiring, employment, and operations. We encourage applications from people who are or have been historically underrepresented in the clean energy economy.