Senior Associate | Third Derivative | Remote – U.S.
Location: Remote, but commuting distance to an RMI office is preferred.
Are you passionate about harnessing innovative technologies, business models, and catalytic capital to fight climate change? Do you love solving challenging problems, thinking in numbers, and working in groups? Are you interested in being a part of a team that is quickly growing and is laser-focused about making the world a better place? If yes, then join our growing team!
Individuals of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply!
Third Derivative Overview
Third Derivative is seeking an Investment and Fund Partnerships Senior Associate to join our team. A program of RMI, Third Derivative (D3) is accelerating the rate of climate innovation through our inclusive ecosystem approach, which rapidly finds, funds, and scales climate tech globally.
By uniting and aligning committed investors, large corporates, and market and policy experts with the world’s most promising climate tech startups, D3 bridges finance and resource gaps to increase speed to market. Our flexible and highly curated accelerator program enables startups to focus on their unique needs and opportunities.
Today D3’s collaborative ecosystem includes $4T market cap of corporate partners, $7B AUM of investor partners (across five continents), and over 160 startups addressing climate challenges across all major emissions sectors. Together, we are moving markets to achieve a brighter, more equitable climate future.
Third Derivative works closely with 20 leading VC partner funds and a wide network of additional investors. Thus far, our 20 partners have invested over $50M into D3 startups for a total of $600M raised. Third Derivative has also raised $10M in two investment vehicles that are used to offer each startup that is accepted for the program a $100k convertible note.
Now, our high-performance team of climate enthusiasts is growing, and we’re seeking a highly motivated Investment and Fund Partnerships Associate to join us in our mission.
The Investment and Fund Partnerships Senior Associate will help define our capital strategy to support the growth of startups accepted in our accelerator program. The Investment and Fund Partnerships Senior Associate will support D3’s current investment operations while supporting our strategy to define and execute on an additional offering to help climate ventures reach scale, including other types of asset classes (e.g., early-stage project finance, venture debt, revenue-based investing) or more creative approaches to venture finance (e.g., crowdfunding).
Your responsibilities as the Investment and Fund Partnerships Senior Associate include:
- Support the deployment and management of D3’s accelerator funds ($10M raised thus far across two vehicles)
- Conduct research to inform and design D3’s capital strategy moving forward, gather data and develop insights that result in actionable recommendations
- Design and structure new D3 investment vehicles to respond to D3’s startups needs
- Work with startups in the D3 portfolio to support on their fundraising strategy
- Fundraise for existing and future investment vehicles and explore opportunities for D3 to work with other capital partners
- Support D3’s startup selection process and investment thesis development from an investor perspective
- Work with other D3 teams and streamline data collection from D3 portfolio to better support D3 startups in their fundraising strategy
- Work with other D3 teams to manage fund partner relationships and ensure impactful collaboration