Senior Analyst, Distributed Energy Resources
Senior Analyst | Cadmus | Various Locations
Locations: US-CO-Boulder | US-CA-Oakland | US-MA-Boston | US-VA-Arlington, Virginia
Cadmus seeks a Senior Analyst to join a team of distributed energy resources (DER) enthusiasts. We support electric utilities, local governments, state and federal agencies, and the private sector on wide range of consulting projects involving electric vehicle infrastructure, decarbonization studies, battery storage, solar, building electrification, equity analysis, and policy analysis. We are looking for exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who have experience and interest in the strategic electrification and DER sectors.
The Senior Analyst will work closely with senior staff to provide strategic planning and analysis, including policy research, qualitative and quantitative market research, evaluation, and other technical assistance related to DER deployment or decarbonization initiatives. The ideal candidate should be detail-oriented, motivated, and capable of creative problem-solving and independent work. The candidate should also have a working knowledge across topics such building electrification, solar, storage, or transportation electrification. Experience working on strategic planning and detailed modeling exercise is highly valued. The successful candidate is able to work collaboratively, can manage assigned tasks and projects from start to finish with input from supervisors, and has strong written, verbal, and analytical skills.
As a Senior Analyst on the Distributed Energy Resource (DER) team, you would be responsible for:
- Working independently or with minimal supervision to support research efforts, ensuring consistency and quality of research methods;
- Supporting project management in close collaboration with project managers and principals to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables to clients;
- Conducting research, interviews, and quantitative analyses, focused on technical, policy, and/or financial implications of DER technologies;
- Clearly and concisely summarizing analytical results (in Word or PowerPoint), ensuring accuracy of content and adherence to format and other pertinent details;
- Supporting technical assistance requests and providing customer services to government staff, policy-makers, utility clients, and industry representatives;
- Ensure consistency and quality of research methods;
- Clearly and concisely summarize analytical results (in Word or PowerPoint), ensuring accuracy of content and adherence to format and other pertinent details;
- Substantively contribute to strategic planning exercises, including presenting results professionally to clients
- Helping facilitate policy and technical exchanges for policymakers; and
- Conducting research and analysis across a range of solar, storage, microgrids, EVs and heat pump pilot projects, programs, and policies.
- Contribute to data analytics and modeling exercise, including experience with relational database management
- BS/BA in a relevant field
- 5-7+ year of professional work experience
- Project management and/or budget management experience, including the ability to manage deadlines across multiple simultaneous projects
- Demonstrated understanding of concepts related to solar, storage, microgrids, energy efficiency, or beneficial electrification planning. For example, this could include illustrating a basic understanding of relevant concepts in the energy industry including renewables, grid impacts, energy cost management, program planning or evaluation.
- Excellent writing, communication, and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Demonstrated analytical skills using statistical and analytical software (e.g., Stata, R, Excel, etc.)
- MS/MA in relevant field
- Quantitative and software skills with applications such as Python, SQL, and similar software tools
- This is a full-time opportunity located in Boston, MA, Oakland, CA, Boulder, CO or Arlington, VA offices
- To apply, submit resume along with a cover letter
- Travel may be required 25% of the time (post-COVID)
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com