Senior Advisor, Export, Digitalization and Cleantech
Senior Advisor, Export, Digitalization and Cleantech | Business Finland | Palo Alto, CA
Finland is one of the most innovative, best-educated countries in the world, and named the happiest country in the world for the third time in a row. The United States and Finland have a long history of a cooperation in the fields of science, technology, and innovation with the U.S. being one of the most important trading partners for Finland.
Business Finland is a global leader in international trade promotion, investment, export, tourism, and innovation. With more than 600 experts working in 55 offices in 35 countries, we are a catalyst for corporate and economic growth.
Business Finland generates growth and wellbeing by helping companies to grow faster, go global and develop innovations. At the same time, we create dynamic innovation environments that attract international companies, know-how and investments to Finland. Our top experts and the latest research data enable companies to seize market opportunities and turn them into success stories.
If you are looking for world-class opportunities with stimulating challenges, join us in creating new success stories and shaping the future of international business.
INTERNATIONAL SUCCESS STORIES ARE WAITING FOR YOU!
We are looking for an Advisor/Senior Advisor to join our Internationalization Services team in United States. The location of the position is Palo Alto, Silicon Valley, California.
In this role, you will be part of our Internationalization Services organization. Our Internationalization Services organization is responsible for providing and creating services for Finnish companies looking to grow international, and finding business opportunities around the world.
Mailiina Turanlahti, Senior Director, Head of Region North America, describes your responsibility area as follows:
We are looking for an Advisor / Senior Advisor in our Palo Alto office, which is part of the Nordic Innovation House, to increase Finnish exports and accelerate market entry, co-development, and joint R&D in the digital products & services and cleantech industries. We are offering the opportunity to work with companies of various sizes, ranging from innovative startups to more established, larger companies. Many of the companies have ideas and technologies that are ahead of the market adoption curve.
You will be responsible for:
- Helping Finnish companies to enter the U.S. market through advice and coaching and networking, mainly focusing on digital services & products companies and startups
- Identifying and building market opportunities relevant for Finnish companies
- Forming and continuing long-term networking and cooperation between the U.S. and Finnish ecosystems
- Taking an active role in Finnish and joint Nordic collaborations and initiatives
- Following industry trends in the digital and cleantech domains, and suggesting market opportunities for Business Finland programs
- Being a proactive member of the Team Finland USA network in arranging delegation visits, attending industry events, sharing industry information, and providing support to Finnish enterprises
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
You are a persistent person who thinks big, gets excited, and shows passion. You are target oriented and experienced team worker, who believes in co-operation and networking. For you, outstanding networking skills mean being a bridge builder: ability to achieve trust, listen and understand others, and build lasting relations. You own an attitude of continuous self-improvement, always looking to improve your skills and widen knowledge. You are able to commit resources to reach challenging targets, enabling continuous development and creating new, fresh perspectives through cooperation. You proactively share information with colleagues near and far. You thrive on challenge and are not afraid of tackling problems, ranging from strategic to very hands-on issues.
- You have established local networks and have experience in more than one of the following fields: Cleantech, digital services & products, telecommunications, IoT, automotive & transportation, space economy within the United States
- In addition, you have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or higher with at least 3-5 years of direct US work experience in tasks related to the internationalization and growth of companies, including business development, funding, and co-development.
- Have an established network and proven track record in Silicon Valley ecosystem
- Proactive with a strong work ethic and methods
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Strong team-work, project management, and networking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Capable to travel both within the US and internationally as required, can be up to 25% of time
- Experience with Finnish and/or Nordic companies a plus
- Fluent in English, Finnish not required
This position reports to the Head of North America and works closely with the local Business Finland team.
This is a position with a local, US employment contract. Please note that there is no Visa sponsorship available.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com
If you match the characteristics described above and have a proven record of accomplishment, you might be the person we are looking for. Please send your Resume and Application letter in English by the end of the day, August 16 (PDT), 2020, using the attached link. Remember to attach the documents before clicking “Submit”.
As required by Finnish law, we will conduct a security clearance on the successful candidate with his/her consent in accordance with the Security Clearance Act 726/2014 of Finland. For more information on security clearance procedure and individual’s rights, please visit https://www.supo.fi/security_clearances.
Business Finland is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.