Regional Sales Manager
Regional Sales Manager | NGC | Fort Worth, TX
Regional Sales Managers’ (RSM) main mission is to grow NGC America’s sales and market share at designated geographic regions for Wind Sales. They oversee the execution of NGC Americas’ strategy and deliver its value proposition to aftermarket customers. The RSM will work in collaboration with all company functions including, but not limited to Corporate Wind Sales team, Strategic Product Management, Aftermarket, Operations, Engineering, Quality, and Finance. The RSM is critical to customer satisfaction as they are responsible for capturing and communicating customer expectations and their changing needs. The Sales Department plays an integral role in NGC’s local mission of reducing the operating costs of wind energy for our customers.
EMPLOYEE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The goal of the Regional Sales Manager is to develop new business while maintaining existing relationships focused on NGC wind products and services. The preferred method is developing strong trusted-advisor relationships by learning the customers’ business and requirements, communicating customer expectations, and tracking customer enthusiasm. In achieving these goals, the RSM will among other things contact industry decision-makers, pursue opportunities, and collaborate with the Wind Sales team, Strategic Product Management, Quality, and Engineering groups to satisfy emerging opportunities within the designated region.
Responsibilities include (Other duties may be assigned):
• Reports to the Director of Wind Sales
• Work cohesively with the other departments in the organization
• Studiously learn and communicate customer requirements and expectations and the reasons behind those.
• Be able to qualify opportunities that match NGC’s capabilities and core principles.
• Support the development and implementation of NGC America’s growth strategy for the designated region.
• Support the development, tracking, and pursuance of project leads in the designated region.
• Support efforts at Global and Subsidiary Key Accounts for the designated region.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key decision-makers from local management to C-level global management, in the designated region.
• Communicate activities to executive management in written, verbal, and presentation media. Activities to report include but are not limited to forecasting sales activity, customer-related activities for quotes, orders, and/or service issues.
• Increase sales activity in the district via sales calls and other promotional and training activities.
• Collaborate with the Wind Sales team on projects, initiatives, and activities essential to the overall performance of NGC America Wind Group.
• The ideal candidate should have a strong wind gearing background.
• Must have a customer-focused attitude and excellent communication skills (oral and written).
• Five (5) years of experience in regional sales management and strong knowledge of the designated sales region is required.
• A general knowledge of marketing fundamentals is desired. Proficiency with Microsoft® Office.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Industrial Engineering is required.
• An equivalent fulfillment is achieved with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the wind gear industry.
• Minimum five (5) years related experience and/or training.