R&D Test Engineer (Intern)
R&D Test Engineer (Intern) | Orondo | Fremont, CA
Rondo Energy seeks an R&D Engineering Intern to test & develop components and materials for the next generation thermal energy storage technology.
- Be a hands-on research/test support person: run experiments, take measurements, assist assembly of original equipment.
- Test material properties (physical, mechanical, chemical, other)
- Research potential new products and materials for potential applicability
- Help to develop or improve manufacturing processes
- Write procedures and reports
- Maintain laboratory and office space in safe and orderly condition and follow safety protocol
- A BS degree or significant coursework/lab work in chemistry, materials science and engineering, materials chemistry, or a related field.
- Knowledge and/or coursework in material properties, durability characteristics and testing standards.
- Hands-on experience with safely running experiments, taking lab notes and reporting information.
- Proficiency with MS Excel and data manipulation a plus.
- Hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team with remote supervision to complete projects on schedule.
- Able to work in a team environment.
The position will be based in Fremont, California. The role may require travel up to 10% to support testing.
About Rondo Energy
Rondo Energy is deploying breakthrough technology to enable greater penetration of renewable energy by making energy storage inexpensive and scalable. If you are excited to make an impact on climate change, check us out! Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.