PV & BESS Electrical Designer | SOLON Corporation | Remote
SOLON Corporation, a leader in the design, installation and commissioning of commercial and industrial scale solar PV and battery energy storage systems (BESS) in the Southwest US, is seeking an electrical drafter/designer. The electrical designer will prepare electrical designs and other deliverables using computer-aided drafting (CAD) and Excel-based electrical design software. This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled designer seeking to work in a professional and successful environment in the solar and energy storage industry
· Use AutoCAD to produce complete solar PV and BESS electrical designs, utility interconnection drawings, lighting designs, site layout drawings, zoning permit packages, and other deliverables.
· Use Excel-based design software to perform electrical design calculations.
· Coordinate with electrical professional engineers for review of design drawings and calculations.
· Coordinate with AHJ’s, utilities, equipment manufacturers, and other entities to understand design and permitting requirements for projects.
· Assist with compiling and submitting building and zoning permit packages.
· Assist with change tracking and the organization of project deliverables to assist field construction teams.
· Enter and maintain project documentation in accordance with company standards.
· Assist with making identified improvements to company design processes and tools.
· Perform other design-related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Minimum 2 years’ experience designing permit-ready commercial PV electrical designs. Experience with BESS highly preferred.
· Proficiency with AutoCAD software, including use of data links, external references, dynamic blocks, and layer management.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including the use of Excel macro functionality.
· Working knowledge of NEC, with a thorough understanding of Article 690, and a basic understanding of Articles 240, 250, 310, 691, and 705.
· Understanding of PV design principles and associated electrical design calculations.
· Knowledge of various local and national building codes.
· Experience coordinating utility and AHJ permitting processes and systems.
· Able to prepare drawings in a neat, consistent, expedient and standard format with strong attention to detail.
· Able to work with a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
· Effective communicator able to work in a team environment.
· High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering discipline preferred.
If you wish to join a growing business in the field of renewable energy with excellent employee benefits and culture, and have the experience and qualifications for this opportunity, please submit your resume and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time