Proposal Manager | Proterra Powered | Burlingame, CA
About the Role
The Proterra Powered team is a small team that works collaboratively in a fast paced, start-up environment. The Proposal Manager, preferably based in Burlingame, CA or Greenville, SC, will work closely with the Business Development, Product Management, Engineering, and other major departments to develop and create customer proposals.
This role will be the first Proposal Manager and has arisen out of the need for a self-starter to take the reins and help Proterra Powered scale its bid and proposal efforts in an efficient manner to respond to the growing interest in the business. The ideal candidate should have strong technical background or demonstrated ability to learn new nomenclature, products, and industry terminology. Above all, the role will demand rectifying external customer requirements with internal constraints, while maintaining still being able to produce a winning proposal.
- Work with Business Development and Engineering to understand and distill customer RFI, RFQ, RFP, and other requirements for bid submissions.
- Lead development of proposal bids – Including narrative writing, formatting, information sourcing from internal departments
- Run cost and pricing models in collaboration with Finance and Business Development
- Lead proposal development – Identify and include the correct internal resources for input, review, and sign-off of proposals.
- Track bids, proposals, and status of various Business Development efforts using Sales Force
- Co-develop with Product Management materials, collateral, and information that can be used by Business Development, Marketing, and other internal organizations for customer responses and internal educational resources.
- Support customer facing negotiations with powerpoint presentations
- Strong communicator who can adapt to various interpersonal styles and influence effectively
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism
- Detail-oriented with a knack for thoroughness
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Resourceful and diligent mindset
- Analytical and methodical in problem solving approach
- Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent and 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Ability to communicate with
- a broad set of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to translate highly technical information into common terminology
- Proposal Development experience preferred
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Comfort with setting, organizing, and leading meetings with executive team
- Strong proficiency in Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Sales Force
- Experience in the automotive or other hardware focused space preferred
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).