Project Manager | Iron Ridge | Hayward, CA or Phoenix, AZ
IronRidge, an Esdec company, is the market leader in designing and manufacturing mounting and racking hardware for residential and commercial solar systems. Our products are supported by an experienced sales network, expert service teams, and powerful online tools. We are dedicated to making solar easy to design, simple to procure and fast to install. Last year, our products were installed in over 1GW worth of projects. Our mission is to Make Solar Stronger®.
Ironridge is seeking a highly motivated Project Manager. Reporting to Product Management, this position is responsible for translating product development projects into executable work plans. Involved in all aspects of product development, this position coordinates and optimizes across functions: product management, engineering, test, quality control, sourcing, fulfillment, marketing and order management. The ideal candidate will have strong communication, organizational and leadership skills to facilitate cross-functionally while managing complex situations to keep projects on schedule. A candidate needs empathy, expectation management and an ability to prioritize. This position is highly visible interacting with all levels and across departments of the IronRidge and Esdec organization.
- Work with Product Management to define project scope, timeline, risks and objectives • Collaborate with stakeholders to estimate resource needs to meet objectives, on time and within budget
- Support Engineering in developing project budgetary and timeline requirements • Manage projects to our established product development process (stage-gate model) • Account for tasks cross-functionally to adhere to or improve schedules at each phase. • Develop layered contingency plans to ensure each products are launched early or on-time • Possess agility and big-picture thinking to propose adjustments when delays are encountered, and account for cross functional impacts while prioritizing critical path items
- Assist in aligning stakeholders to support smooth product transitions across the product life cycle, from introduction to end-of-life
- Collaborate with product performance and marketing for asset development and training requirements
- Meet weekly with cross-functional teams to track and manage ongoing projects • Provide weekly status updates on ongoing projects to Executive team
- Use industry best-practices and project management techniques in long-duration (non IT) product development efforts to manage project completion expectations
- Improve existing processes by measuring inefficiencies and identifying inconsistencies • Work effectively in a team environment to resolve and escalate issues as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (BSME/EE), business or related field
- 5+ years of project management and related experience in hardware (non-IT) • Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices • Experience seeing projects through the full product life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Organizational awareness, to get things done
- Ability to work remotely and across time zones
- Clear communication and strong decision-making skills
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Solar or renewable energy industry experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 5 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
This position will be based out of our Hayward, CA or Phoenix, AZ office.