Project Manager: Strategic Projects
Project Manager: Strategic Projects | AutoGrid | Redwood City, CA
The world’s leading energy companies turn to AutoGrid to integrate all distributed energy resources, turn on new revenue streams and drive deeper engagement with their customers. Our suite of Energy Internet applications allows utilities, electricity retailers, renewable energy project developers and energy service providers to deliver clean, affordable and reliable energy in a distributed energy world.
How do we do this? By pioneering the science of flexibility management. This innovative approach enables energy providers to mine the Energy Internet’s rich data lode to extract flexible capacity from distributed energy resources. In turn, flexible capacity can be used to balance energy supply and demand in real time, increase the productivity and value of energy assets, and deliver new energy services to customers.
Established at Stanford University in 2011, we have assembled a team of world-class software architects, electrical and computer engineers, data scientists and energy experts who apply cutting-edge analytics and in-depth energy data science to solve the world’s most critical energy problems.
Project Manager – Strategic Projects
As a Project Manager, you will join our Industry Solutions team, which is a fast paced, results-oriented hands-on group focusing on delivering end-to-end business and technical solutions to AutoGrid’s customers and partners. The solutions delivered include AutoGrid Flex and AutoGrid Engage suite of applications along with newer big data and data science driven applications, built on the industry leading Energy Internet Platform.
Desired Skills / Experience
- 5 years of Project / Program Management with leadership experience including 3 or more years leading complex SaaS projects.
- Exceptional project management skills; experience delivering on government-funded projects is a plus.
- Proven track record of leading and implementing large scale projects with detailed reporting requirements.
- Strong electricity industry knowledge is expected; electric vehicles and virtual power plants exposure a plus.
- Outstanding communication skills appropriate for C-suite audiences; ability to track and report on key project metrics, relationship to business objectives, and other success criteria in a clear and compelling manner.
- Experience driving cross-functional product and engineering teams and collaborating with external partners
- BS/MS/PhD in engineering/science or equivalent work experience
- MBA / MSc from a top tier school or equivalent consulting experience desirable
Benefits and Perks
- Working with a smart, collaborative, and fun group of people solving big and important problems
- An exciting atmosphere, and an outstanding work/life balance
- Beautiful, spacious, modern office in Redwood Shores (when teams are no longer remote)
- Flexible hours and choice of computer (Mac, Ubuntu, Windows)
- Competitive salary and equity
- Competitive health care, dental, and vision coverage
- Excellent 401(k) and flexible spending plans
- Three weeks of paid time off annually, in addition to 10 paid public holidays
- Life, short term and long term disability, supplemental, and AD&D insurance