Project Manager Midwest Zero Emission Bus
Project Manager Midwest Zero Emission Bus | Calstart | Troy, MI
CALSTART has an immediate opening for a Project Manager on the Bus Team for its Midwest Regional Office. The Project Manager will lead various projects in the transit bus industry and assist agencies with planning, procuring, and deploying zero-emission vehicles. This is an exciting time in the Midwest for building the clean transportation technology industry and the opportunity to improve air quality, prevent climate change, and create jobs, as well as a chance to work in the rapidly expanding field of zero-emission transportation.
This position is focused on buses, which could be transit, school, or other types, but may assist in CALSTART’s other initiatives such as trucks, light-duty vehicles, infrastructure, or innovative mobility. CALSTART’s Bus Team works with manufacturers, suppliers and transit operators to develop next-generation technologies, accelerate sales of near-zero and zero-emission buses, and supports pioneering public policies that are helping to make clean transit a reality across the nation.
The position will be working with transit providers, school districts, vehicle and component manufacturers, infrastructure providers, utilities, government officials, and various stakeholders as each project may require.
The Project Manager will be stepping into some of the following projects…
- Assisting with the deployment of 6 battery-electric cutaway buses for Wisconsin DOT
- Assisting Michigan DOT with the planning and procurement of 17 battery-electric full size and cutaway buses across 6 transit agencies
- Managing the planning efforts for Hockings Athens Perry County Community Action Program (HAPCAP) which includes zero-emission bus planning, scheduling software and fare payment planning
- Providing leadership guidance for the Midwest Zero-Emission Bus Working Group
Additionally, the Project Manager will…
- Create and manage project plans, schedule, cost and budgets, including targets for milestones.
- Manage and coordinate project activities, tasks, and deliverables with the project team to ensure the greatest success.
- Manage the program budget and financial performance taking appropriate action to ensure financial objectives are met.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks and liabilities across all project responsibilities.
- Coordinate with funding agencies to ensure the execution of deliverables and serve as the main point of contact.
- Perform outreach and build a strong network of industry stakeholders.
- Plan outreach activities such as webinars, site visits and industry events.
- Secure funding for CALSTART projects that meet or surpass goals and objectives.
- Present on behalf of CALSTART at conferences, webinars, and various other meetings to showcase CALSTART’s capabilities, knowledge, and technical skills.
- Create presentations, graphs, Gantt charts, and various other visual tools for communicating with key stakeholders, internal team, and partners.
- Lead and/or assist with grant writing efforts within CALSTART and with external stakeholders.
CALSTART‘s mission is to improve air quality, combat climate change, strengthen the economy, and create jobs by growing the clean transportation technology industry. With more than 28 years of experience, CALSTART is recognized nationally and internationally as an industry catalyst. CALSTART’s member organizations are diverse and include, among others, Tesla Motors, UPS, Ford, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Kenworth, General Motors, DTE, and Consumers Energy. CALSTART focuses on four major initiatives: cars, trucks (including non-road vehicles), bus/mobility, maritime, and fuels/infrastructure. CALSTART is a national organization with offices in several states. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting society and the environment, you should consider working for CALSTART.
We are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Business, Environmental Science, or related field
- 2 + years of project management experience with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel and meet deadlines and budgeting requirements
- Strong and precise verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to produce high quality reports and presentations
- Ability to create and foster relationships, work with a diverse stakeholder group, and lead effective outreach campaigns
- Proven ability to support and organize meetings, webinars and workshops that engage stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Willingness to travel within the United States as public health guidelines allow
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- PMI certification
- Experience with strategic planning
- Experience working with transit agencies, bus OEMs, or government entities
- Demonstrated experience as a community organizer
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.