Project Finance Associate | Adapture Renewables | Oakland, CA (Hybrid)
Adapture Renewables, Inc. is on a mission to be a leader in this new era of sustainable energy. Drawing upon an extensive knowledge base, we develop, finance, engineer, build, own, and operate high quality utility-scale photovoltaic projects and battery energy storage projects. Our Project Finance team is looking for a talented Project Finance Associate to help support the efforts of our fast-growing company. Adapture Renewables is owned by KIRKBI – the private holding and investment company of the Kirk Kristiansen family founded to build a sustainable future for the LEGO® brand through generations.
This position will work in our Project Finance team and will be responsible for financial modeling of project economics, executing Project Finance transactions, and supporting the Development and M&A teams by providing ad hoc analysis, market insights, and support during transaction negotiations. The candidate will be based near our Bay Area home office.
- Support and work closely with Project Finance team leaders in the process of structuring, negotiating and closing project financings, including tax equity structures.
- Responsible for project model accuracy and checking the work of Analysts.
- Understand and review proposed development project models.
- Develop in-depth understanding of models for tax equity financial structures.
- Develop in-depth understanding of relevant tax and accounting rules for projects.
- Responsible for independently running day-to-day execution of diligence components of project finance and M&A transaction processes.
- Support and work with developers in the structuring of valuation models to analyze the economic merits and risks associated with new project acquisitions and greenfield opportunities.
- Collaborate with in-house engineers, developers, and accounting professionals to develop appropriate assumptions for project models.
- Create and verify accuracy of investment memos, investor presentations, and project summaries.
- Develop and maintain project finance related intelligence (tax equity terms, property and sales tax information, local subsidies, RECs, etc.).
- Support the Asset Management team with ongoing operating reports and draw requests.