Program Manager, Fuel & Infrastructure
Program Manager, Fuel & Infrastructure | Calstart | Pasadena, CA
CALSTART is seeking a highly-motivated, experienced and results-oriented Program Manager (PM) with engineering background to serve as the deputy leader of the Clean Fuels and Infrastructure team. A well-qualified candidate will play a critical role in managing CALSTART’s infrastructure projects and initiatives focused on the advancement of zero-emission including hydrogen and battery electric in medium and heavy-duty vehicles and equipment. The Program Manager will play a key role in supporting the management of industry engagement and infrastructure technical support activities for California’s medium and heavy-duty incentive programs; Hybrid and Zero-Emission Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Project (HVIP) and a new infrastructure incentive program CALSTART recently designed for infrastructure. This person will manage the infrastructure project, and others, and serve as a key technical resource on zero-emission infrastructure and fuel solutions for medium- and heavy-duty transportation.
Additionally, the Program Manager will also:
- Be a driver of first-of-its-kind fleet projects and programs in the clean transportation sector
- Organize and submit proposals as part of the Clean Fuels and Infrastructure Team
- Assess market-transformational needs across technology platforms and infrastructure strategies
- Foster partnership development and provide technical guidance to industry and fleet-users
- Develop technical guidance and resources for users on infrastructure planning and development
- Provide one-on-one assistance to fleets with infrastructure assessment and planning
- Develop a robust network of contacts within the transportation electrification/hydrogen fueling space.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 28 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
Our member companies are diverse and include Tesla Motors, UPS, Ford, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Peterbilt, General Motors, New Flyer, and Southern California Edison. We work with these member companies and the broader industry including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We operate from our offices in California, Colorado, Michigan, and New York. We believe now is our time and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, sustainability, or other related fields
- 5 to 10 years of experience working with utility or transportation industry supporting electric charging and/or alternative fueling infrastructure as well as strong knowledge of other clean fuels
- 5 to 10 years of direct project management experience
- Knowledge of the advanced transportation industry, zero-emission vehicle infrastructure and supporting technologies including electric charging technology/software and hydrogen refueling requirements and systems
- Excellent written skills in report generation, grant proposals and research development
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Proven ability to synthesize large amounts of data into clear understandable language for stakeholders and other interested parties
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong ability to meet or exceed deadlines and able to work with minimal supervision or direction
- Proven ability to multitask and handle complexity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other relevant industry analysis, modeling, and simulation tools
- Experience conducting site assessment for zero-emission vehicle infrastructure planning and development (electric/hydrogen)
- Experience with vehicle/technology operational and duty cycle assessment for charging and fueling requirements
- Advanced degrees and certifications in engineering, technology, and business
- Certificate in project management
- Specific sector knowledge of and expertise in advanced transportation technologies and fuels including electricity, hydrogen, fuel cells and energy storage, natural gas, bio- and renewable fuels
- Basic knowledge of certifications, standards, and relevant state and local codes, specifically related to charging and hydrogen infrastructure
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers job
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.