Product Marketing Associate | Generac Grid Services | Denver GS
Generac Grid Services (GGS) is focused on making the world’s power grids greener and more reliable, efficient, and predictable by harnessing the power of distributed energy. Concerto™, GGS’s real-time energy-balancing platform, is transforming energy system operations through its revolutionary, highly flexible approach for creating controllable and dispatchable energy resources. It unobtrusively captures and aggregates available customer loads, energy storage and renewable energy sources to form a network of continuously controlled energy resources. The platform dynamically optimizes and dispatches these resources to respond to the real-time needs of the power system – all without impacting customer operations.
At Generac, Our People help make the world safer, brighter and more productive. United by our Values, people with diverse backgrounds and points of view work together to ensure our global customers have peace of mind. We are a team of builders and doers who share a passion for innovation and a desire to outpace others. As an inclusive workplace, we empower our employees to embrace diversity in all forms, celebrate our differences, and treat everyone with equity and respect. At Generac, our success is powered by Our People.
The Product Marketing Associate will work within/closely with the Product team to support the communications strategy for the next generation of distributed energy resource (DER) control and optimization product capabilities. Under the supervision of the senior channel marketing manager, the associate will help to create demand for GGS products, including Concerto, through effective messaging and marketing campaigns. This position requires the candidate to have technical knowledge related to DER control and grid-balancing solutions; the product marketing associate will understand and convey how and through what channels GGS sells its products and solutions. The position will require work in a collaborative environment, regularly engaging with GGS product managers, sales leaders and marketing managers in other parts of the Generac business. In addition, the associate will work with marketing to enhance GGS’ continued positioning in the market and help manage external relationships with analysts, consultants and partners.
- Design and implement GGS’ solution resources for sales enablement in key regions
- Increase GGS’ digital presence through web, social media and other platforms
- Develop competitive Concerto™ and other product positioning: tracking competitors and providing strategic direction
- Support Generac Smart Grid Ready product roadmap development and marketing
- Deliver and execute product marketing campaigns to drive sales leads and web traffic
- Provide creative design support to help unify GGS and Generac branding imagery
- Support broader GGS corporate marketing strategies
- Interface with marketing managers across Generac business groups
- Travel to other Generac facilities as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering other relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree preferred
- Energy and utility industry technical knowledge, software product knowledge preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including some copywriting skills
- Microsoft Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint, design experience preferred
- Proven oral and written communication and able to write effectively and succinctly
- Strong teamwork skills