Product Development Manager
Product Development Manager | Puget Sound Energy | Bellevue, WA
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with like-minded, top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE’s New Product Development team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Product Development Mgr position!
The Product Development Manager leads and champions product and service development and business planning, including gathering internal and external stakeholder requirements, conceptualization, strategy, business plan development, feature prioritization, design, test, launch, commercialization, post launch reviews, and product lifecycle management.
This position leads in bringing new products to customers by developing and using other sources of insight on customer interests, preferences, and behaviors, as well as competitor’s offers. It will require leading efforts across departments to support the business case, including data driven customer and market research, financial P&L forecasts, vendor development and negotiation, regulatory planning and support, and operational planning. The Product Development Manager leads and synthesizes the efforts of multiple departments and leads presentation of new products for executive approvals.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
- Product Development Process (PDP): acts as a liaison across the Product Development team to champion our PDP, and manage associated workflows within the team. Work across internal teams to determine documentation requirements, approvals, and communications. Act as a project manager within the team to oversee document controls and PDP alignment.
- Develops and champions product concepts: Identifies customer challenges and wants, current trends, other products in the marketplace. Anticipates future needs of customers. Develops and manages product roadmaps through regular engagement with external customer and industry stakeholders. Leads internal teams to bring product concept through internal and external approvals and to launch. May continue to manage product after launch.
- Identifies customer segments and market sizing: Leads cross-functional team to quantitatively test market for potential adoption of product concept. Identifies beneficial changes to product concept based on customer research. Leads effort to measure acceptable price point for product in marketplace.
- Leads operational planning, including vendor and partnership management: Leads team to identify best means to deliver product to customers, including customer experience, sales process, technology requirements, personnel and equipment for operations and maintenance, mechanisms for delivery to customers, billing processes, and customer service. Identifies, builds relationships with, and negotiates contracts with external partners or vendors as necessary to deliver all aspects of product. Establishes KPIs and reporting for performance of product line.
- Leads development of revenue models and financial forecasts: Based on quantified market research, discussions with potential vendors, and knowledge of PSE and other programs, leads development of detailed financial proformas to support internal executive or board approvals, corporate financial forecasts, or regulatory submittals.
- Product pricing and marketing / sales planning: Leads team to identify launch and follow-on customer segments, go-to-market strategy, advertising strategy, and set sales targets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, finance, engineering or related field
- 7 years’ experience in leading/implementing complex multi-disciplined market/program/product analysis, research, evaluation, or product launch
- Proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams and stakeholders to deliver complex customer-facing products or projects
- Excellent organizational, analysis, and problem solving skills including applying analysis and statistical methods to study complex and unique business issues.
- Proven ability to lead or oversee financial modeling
- Proven ability to identify and use advanced customer and marketing analytics
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to synthesize data and other information into clear, actionable deliverables
- Ability to build trust and and value-based relationships with employees at all levels of internal and external organizations.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, other presentation and analytical tools
- Experience in business process management
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.