Various positions | SB Energy | San Francisco, CA or Remote
Click the link to learn more and apply:
As a part of the Procurement team, the Preconstruction Manager will be responsible for project due diligence, capex estimates, RFP support and EPC Contract negotiations for multi-million dollar utility-scale solar contracts with EPC contractors and O&M operators. The Preconstruction Manger Manager will have the ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams. The Preconstruction Manager will also have excellent organizational skills, be able to manage multiple projects at once, have excellent follow through skills and will have the ability to meet strict deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and interpret design documents, including geotechnical data, ALTA and topographic surveys, PVsyst reports, single line drawings and equipment specifications.
- Perform feasibility studies, site evaluations and due diligence for prospective sites/projects in the development phase. Additionally, identify constraints, risks and mitigation measures, constructability issues and any other potential impacts to cost and schedule.
- Conduct site visits to further evaluate site specific conditions and constraints.
Estimating – Capex/Opex related:
- Develop indicative capex and opex estimates based on historical cost data to support preliminary financial modeling.
- Evaluate various equipment, equipment configurations and site characteristics in order to optimize project economics.
- Prepare preliminary cash flows to support the finance team.
- Perform accurate and timely quantity takeoffs for all aspects of utility scale solar and BESS projects.
- Facilitate and manage EPC and O&M RFPs, which include development of RFP documentation, management of external data room(s), RFI management/coordination, lead bid review calls with internal and external parties and provide recommendations for EPC and O&M selection.
- Develop comprehensive bid matrix to evaluate and compare cost, schedule, scope and technical approach amongst bidders.
- Manage EPC and O&M prequalification process and documentation.
- Review EPC change orders to substantiate cost and contractual validity for projects in the construction phase.
- Support the Senior Contracts Manager with exhibit/contract reviews, updates and redlines throughout negotiations.
- Conduct business dealings with the highest level of integrity and regard for legal and environmental issues.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and decision making even in ambiguous situations.
We are seeking a Director of Product Strategy to join our Strategy and Investments team. This individual will play a key role in the design and execution of our product strategy in the US. Currently, we are a developer / owner-operator of solar and battery storage projects. We aim to build on this foundation to provide high-value renewable products to our customers, including energy products (e.g. high capacity factor renewable PPAs), digital products, and physical products. The Director of Product Strategy will lead efforts to develop and execute on this expanded product offering, crafting the overall strategy, working with internal teams to pilot and design products, and reaching out to potential customers. In addition to relationship-building skills, the role requires outstanding analytical and advisory skills, strategic thinking, renewables exposure, product development experience, commercial negotiation experience, and the ability to plan, manage and deliver strategic initiatives independently and as part of a larger team. Initial areas of focus are likely to include high capacity factor renewable PPAs with technology companies and energy-to-X (E2X) applications.
- Craft overall strategy for expanding into high value renewable product offerings, in collaboration with head of Strategy & Investments group and other internal stakeholders.
- Identify and analyze target market segments for new products, conducting and presenting market research.
- Identify potential new product offerings and analyze economic potential, including addressable market and unit economics.
- Review and support financial modelling that supports the assessment of product offerings.
- Connect with and build relationships with potential customers and partners to develop product offerings.
- Collaborate with Development & Origination, Engineering & Innovation, and Capital Markets teams to develop viable and bankable products that are integrated into project development pipeline.
- Collaborate with Origination team to market developed products to end-use customers and negotiate long-term offtake agreements, as appropriate.
- Ensure all regulatory aspects in a product development have been considered through consultation with the Legal team.
- Analyze, assess, and communicate high-level business impacts and risks to Leadership and Board Members.
- Supervise associates and members of cross-functional teams on various activities through transaction processes.
- Research market conditions and new developments within the renewable energy industry, integrating findings into overall product strategy.
- Collaborate with Leadership on growth priorities, target services, and market opportunities.
- Communicate and work cross functionally with multiple departments (Development & Origination, Engineering & Innovation, Projects, Capital Markets, Finance, Legal, Operational Excellence, etc.).
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our stakeholders and related network.
- Direct outside advisors and consultants when required.