Various positions | First Solar | Perrysburg, OH
Click the link to apply:
The Data Platform Architect will drive the data and analytics approach within an end-to-end solution, including configuration and development of data management, business intelligence, analytical, and visualization. In adherence to enterprise architecture standards, this individual will align the organization on best practices related to data management and governance; serve as a liaison between various IT and business stakeholders, process owners, project managers, analysts, developers, and other architects; improve the quality and value of core data assets; and respond to regulatory protection requirements.
The Senior Full Stack Developer evaluates, designs, and implements projects for interfacing with and supervising experiment operations in a state-of-the-art PV research production facility. This includes designing and developing related data visualization and user input systems, database structures, procedures, and reports. Works with Data Scientists to embed advanced algorithms and statistics into experiment planning and execution. Works with the MES architects and controls engineers to ensure solutions integrate seamlessly with the MES hardware and software systems to support enterprise design goals. Provides Full Stack development technical knowledge and resources to the R&D team.
- Support DE tests in manufacturing line or perform testing in lab environment.
- Use understanding of engineering & tech skills to interpret instructions into actions and experimental outcome.
- May assist in troubleshooting tool/process issues and identifying and implementing system improvements to achieve performance goals.
- May compile and analyze test data from performed testing.
The First Solar Technology Sales & Origination team manages sales and relationships with buyers of First Solar PV module technology across customer groups of Developers, IPPs, Utilities, and EPCs. As the leading supplier of utility-scale solar projects in the U.S. market, First Solar is growing this fast-paced team to engage across the national utility-scale solar development sector.
The Business Analyst II is responsible for critical operational and customer-facing actions, including pricing modeling, energy performance modeling, bid support, sales presentation preparation, competitive landscape analyses, and managing various sales systems and processes. This position will interface cross-functionally with First Solar’s Product Management, Demand Allocation, Technical Sales, Fulfillment, Contract Execution, and Logistics departments. The Business Development Analyst II must be able to navigate conversations with internal and external stakeholders, as well as executive leaders from First Solar and customer companies. Since this position supports First Solar’s primary market and ambitious booking targets, the Business Analyst II will not only directly engage in key sales processes but also contribute to long-term, strategic planning.
The Business Development Analyst II must be strongly motivated, a quick learner, and a self-starter. This team values individuals with both impressive technical skillsets and a sociable disposition.
- Perform material and device research to enhance thin film solar cell performance and stability and to reduce manufacturing cost.
- Responsible for projects or functions that are enablers to department goals and deliverables.
- Plan, execute and characterize development engineering experiments in the laboratory and manufacturing environment.
- Applies statistical and engineering methods to optimize organizational effectiveness. Improves methods for use by others.