Various positions | SDG&E | San Diego
Industrial Athletic Trainer
The Athletic Trainer is a part of the Target Zero initiative to reduce strains and sprains at Skills Training Center in employees who are new to the company or new to a classification. Leads and manages the Industrial Athletic Strength and Conditioning program for Skills Training Center to ensure Line Assistants and Apprentices are physically prepared to endure the rigors of climbing and conducting line work. Ensures employees are provided guidance on proper nutrition, hydration and recovery to be used at Skills Training Center and when they return to the districts. Ensures the Flex Center is properly maintained and equipment is in good working order and appropriate for the strength and condition program. Collaborates with Skills Training Instructors to identify areas of need and development to strengthen and condition employees attending Skills Training Center.
Sr. Technology Analyst – Executive Support
The Senior Technology Analyst executes troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and configuration tasks related to core IT systems, cybersecurity, network operations, and infrastructure. Supports the enterprise by ensuring the maximum operability of technology systems, monitoring performance, identifying issues, and performing issue resolution. Works to ensure the performance, integrity, and cybersecurity of IT systems or databases. As experienced members of technology analyst teams, handles more complex systems and holds responsibility for working to address challenging maintenance, problem resolution, and service requests which don’t require code modification. Demonstrates a high ability to collaborate to ensure maximum operability of system.
Transmission Operations Shift Supervisor
Has overall responsibility and authority for the real-time operations of the SDGE electric transmission system. Implements real-time actions to ensure the safe and reliable operation of that system and ensure compliance with NERC mandatory reliability standards. Has standing delegated authority from the Company to take whatever actions are necessary to ensure electric transmission system reliability. Such actions may include shedding of firm load to prevent or alleviate Transmission System operating emergencies.
Lead Substation Project Designer (Hybrid Schedule)
Responsible for designing and coordinating the more complex electric system additions and modifications for electric transmission and distribution substation facilities. Participates in the preparation and conducts training programs for design/engineering personnel.
Engineer- I/Sr. Substation Engineer (4 Days Onsite for First Year + In the Field)
Prepare or assist in the preparation of engineering designs, specifications, standards, studies, cost estimates and the development of sound technical recommendations, in support of projects and tasks managed by others within the department or other departments. Responsible for engineering calculations to solve problems for new facilities and repairs/modifications to existing facilities related to the SDGE electric and gas transmission/distribution system. Works on more complex projects than a lower-level engineer.
Engineer I (Hybrid Schedule)
Prepare or assist in the preparation of engineering designs, specifications, standards, studies, cost estimates and the development of sound technical recommendations, in support of projects and tasks managed by others within the department or other departments. Responsible for engineering calculations to solve problems for new facilities and repairs/modifications to existing facilities related to the SDGE electric and gas transmission/distribution system. Works on more complex projects than a lower level engineer.
Engineer I/Senior Engineer – Electric System Hardening (Hybrid Schedule)
This position supports high profile program portfolios for SDG&E in the Electric System Hardening group. These programs have substantial impact on our customers, business practices, and company goals. This individual in this role may provide leadership and direction for complex or major engineering projects and/or studies.
Summer 2024 Internship – Accounting/Finance (Hybrid Schedule)
- Practical work experience at a Fortune 500 company
- Mentoring from staff and management
- Technical and industry training
- 12 week program for Summer 2024
- Opportunity to evaluate Sempra Energy and San Diego Gas and Electric for a professional career
- Early application into our Accounting and Finance Rotation Program
Accounting Associate Rotation Program (Hybrid Schedule)
Entry level position that supports accounting and finance related activities throughout Sempra companies. Rotational opportunities are available in various financial and accounting groups for career development. Performs specific accounting, regulatory, reporting, and financial assignments under the direct guidance of more experienced/senior business analysts or accountants in completing assignments. Complexity of assignments is commensurate with a basic understanding of SAP, utility accounting/regulation, and policies/procedures applicable to functional area. More complex work is assigned as training progresses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works on poles up 100 feet and Steel Structures on lines up to 230 kilovolts (kV).o
- Use of Live Line Tools up to 69 kV and rubber gloving method may be used up to 12 kV.
- May work from bucket of aerial lift truck. Will operate mechanized line truck or other trucks. Install electric meters rated less than 200 amperes.
- Installs and maintain electric service lines and metering equipment, primary and secondary voltages. Installs and make repairs to Overhead & Underground lines carrying primary and secondary voltages. Installs wood, steal, concreate, and fiberglass poles. Installs fuses, services drops and electric meters. Installs cross arms, insulators, conductors, switches, transformers and other equipment on both overhead and underground system.
- Operate line switches.
- On new installations, climb poles and attach building service wires to overhead electric distribution lines and install electric meters. Connect service wire leads, insert fuses and test meter for proper voltage and operation.
- Requires standing climbing gaffs and steel pole climbing required.
- Lifts onto mounting bolt from belt height an assembled 10-foot crossarm weighing 80 pounds with hardware while standing in climbing gaffs on pole supported by body belt and safety strap Open or remove substructure covers – rectangular metal handhole “door” or round metal manhole cover up to 108 pounds (lifting tool for manhole)
- Pull loadbreak elbow from padmount or rack-mounted equipment using hotstick.
- Lifts and carries 60-75 pound tools, materials or equipment from ground to truck bed.
- Works in a variety of terrain, weather and other conditions including temperatures up to 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Periodically required to work extended overtime shifts.