Various positions | SDG&E | San Diego
Engineer I/Senior Engineer – Electric System Hardening (Hybrid Schedule)
This position supports high profile program portfolios for SDG&E in the Electric System Hardening group. These programs have substantial impact on our customers, business practices, and company goals. This individual in this role may provide leadership and direction for complex or major engineering projects and/or studies.
Senior Counsel (Regulatory Law) (Hybrid Schedule)
To develop, coordinate, lead and administer the provision of complex regulatory law services for various business units, under the direction of the General Counsel and/or Assistant General Counsel.
Project Manager II – San Diego Surcharge Underground Conversion Program Manager (Hybrid Schedule)
Plan, lead, manage, direct and control all aspects multiple defined projects; align and hold all stakeholders and all responsible parties accountable to all projects; and use the applicable project management methodology, from initiation through close-out, to deliver the required results, on time, on budget, in compliance. Manage primarily large, multi-year City of San Diego initiated overhead to underground conversion projects funded by City of San Diego Underground Surcharge which are high complexity, high impact, high visibility customer, for projects up to $30M or more in gross capital.
Procurement Project Manager (Hybrid Schedule)
Manages and coordinates the full cycle of all contracting activities in support of medium to large-scale, medium to high complexity and risk, multi-year capital or Operations & Maintenance (O&M) projects of up to $300M with minimal support from Portfolio Manager. Leads negotiations of medium to high complexity, medium to high risk agreements, oversees all stages of strategic and tactical procurement, contract oversight & management, review and execution. Develops and executes customized project procurement plan(s) and strategies for each project and coordinates activities with procurement and project personnel.
Senior Public Affairs Manager (Hybrid Schedule)
Provide direction, communication and strategic planning for all public affairs activities in an assigned portion of portions of SDG&E’s service territory. Provide leadership and management support to the Public Affairs Managers and Public Affairs Advisors on strategy, relationship management, program and infrastructure execution throughout assigned areas of responsibility. Develop and implement programs to increase the effectiveness of all five regions within SDG&E Regional public affairs. This role may require 24/7 support during emergencies or crisis situations.
Sr. Accountant II – Electric & Fuel Procurement (Hybrid Schedule)
Perform a full spectrum of financial, regulatory, reporting and accounting assignments, including preparation of complex financial transactions, reports, and related analysis. Make recommendations on operational and accounting issues within functional area. Coach, guide, and train assigned accounting staff. Perform, review and resolve complex work issues with minimal direction. Work in a team environment and lead teams to accomplish projects and goals.
Project Manager II -Substation (Hybrid Schedule)
Manage and direct small to large-scale substation projects within the department or business unit. Responsible for the development of work scope, budget, schedule, and resource requirements. Prepare, negotiate and approve contracts for contractors or consultants. Oversee projects from initiation to close-out. Coordinate with various internal and external stakeholders to execute projects accordingly.
Engineer I (Hybrid Schedule)
Prepare or assist in the preparation of engineering designs, specifications, standards, studies, cost estimates and the development of sound technical recommendations, in support of projects and tasks managed by others within the department or other departments. Responsible for engineering calculations to solve problems for new facilities and repairs/modifications to existing facilities related to the SDGE electric and gas transmission/distribution system. Works on more complex projects than a lower level engineer.
Summer 2024 Internship – Accounting/Finance (Hybrid Schedule)
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.
Accounting Associate Rotation Program (Hybrid Schedule)
Entry level position that supports accounting and finance related activities throughout Sempra companies. Rotational opportunities are available in various financial and accounting groups for career development. Performs specific accounting, regulatory, reporting, and financial assignments under the direct guidance of more experienced/senior business analysts or accountants in completing assignments. Complexity of assignments is commensurate with a basic understanding of SAP, utility accounting/regulation, and policies/procedures applicable to functional area. More complex work is assigned as training progresses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works on poles up 100 feet and Steel Structures on lines up to 230 kilovolts (kV).o
- Use of Live Line Tools up to 69 kV and rubber gloving method may be used up to 12 kV.
- May work from bucket of aerial lift truck. Will operate mechanized line truck or other trucks. Install electric meters rated less than 200 amperes.
- Installs and maintain electric service lines and metering equipment, primary and secondary voltages. Installs and make repairs to Overhead & Underground lines carrying primary and secondary voltages. Installs wood, steal, concreate, and fiberglass poles. Installs fuses, services drops and electric meters. Installs cross arms, insulators, conductors, switches, transformers and other equipment on both overhead and underground system.
- Operate line switches.
- On new installations, climb poles and attach building service wires to overhead electric distribution lines and install electric meters. Connect service wire leads, insert fuses and test meter for proper voltage and operation.
- Requires standing climbing gaffs and steel pole climbing required.
- Lifts onto mounting bolt from belt height an assembled 10-foot crossarm weighing 80 pounds with hardware while standing in climbing gaffs on pole supported by body belt and safety strap Open or remove substructure covers – rectangular metal handhole “door” or round metal manhole cover up to 108 pounds (lifting tool for manhole)
- Pull loadbreak elbow from padmount or rack-mounted equipment using hotstick.
- Lifts and carries 60-75 pound tools, materials or equipment from ground to truck bed.
- Works in a variety of terrain, weather and other conditions including temperatures up to 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Periodically required to work extended overtime shifts.
Senior/Principal Engineer – Renewable Interconnections PE (Hybrid Schedule)
Normally designated as a lead engineer. As such, provides work direction to subordinate engineers and/or acts as a project leader over the more complex or major engineering projects and/or studies.