Various positions | First Solar | Trinity, Alabama
Click the link to learn more and apply:
Directly responsible for management of all Alabama site Wastewater and Recycling operations, including module recycling plant (RCY), Ultra-Pure Water Plant (UPW), Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP), site waste management (WM), and laboratory (LAB) operations, maintenance and improvement whilst optimizing cost, enhancing operation efficiency, and achieving high standard of EHS and quality. Ensures that his/her team performs in accordance with First Solar’s Core Values and within the fully compliant local and federal regulations.
Supervises and leads assigned shift engineering and shift maintenance technicians in the repair and process control of semiconductor equipment to meet shift goals in terms of Safety, Quality, Yield, and Throughput, in a cost-efficient manner.
The Control Engineering Sustaining Manager will be required to drive and manage automation scope on projects for the site and will also be responsible for providing daily operational automation support for existing equipment on the production floor.
Basic Job Functions:
- Directs and manages 24/7 Site Plant’s Module Operations activities with overall responsibilities for Operational Safety, Regulatory Compliance, Quality, Production (Throughput), Equipment Maintenance, Process Engineering, and Cost to P90 and meet customer.
- Leads a team of Area Managers responsible for Module Manufacturing operations in a thin-film photovoltaic manufacturing flow.
- This position owns the integrated Manufacturing, Engineering, Maintenance, and key functions in Module Manufacturing Areas.
- Ensures that products and processes are introduced, and the designs are capable of being manufactured to meet the organization’s objectives.
- Acts as an advisor and coach concerning manufacturing related issues to facilitate teamwork and continuous improvement to management and the workforce.
- Controls the AOP spending within approval budget and other operation-related activities.
- Deploys and provide leadership in continuous improvements, including leading/participating in global alignment activities.
- Establishes and invests in training and development people/upskills associates, technical competencies and standardize training programs for all plants.
- This position also serves as the key back-up to the Head – Module Operations when not available.
The Facility Engineer I will oversee building maintenance, housekeeping, landscaping, contractor work administration, and safety management. This role will receive input from various internal and external sources, working with Plant Replication, Manufacturing and Development Engineering to modify facility systems ensuring project budget and timing is met. The successful individual will have a broad knowledge of the existing facilities, production equipment and manufacturing processes.