Manufacturing Finance Manager | First Solar | Perrysburg, OH
Basic Job Functions:
A Manager of Manufacturing Finance provides financial leadership to at least one manufacturing site, supply chain, or logistics. The role collaborates with multiple disciplines and provides analytical insight to leadership. The role further supports a range of value-added insights including short term financial planning, ad hoc financial analysis, forecasting, budgeting, management and KPI reporting. The role requires effective business partnering on initiatives to drive lower cost and improve financial performance while delivering on an accurate and reliable monthly close. The role would manage a team of financial analysts.
- 6+ years combined experience working for a public multi-national company and / or a public accounting firm;
- Industry experience with manufacturing (required), renewable energy and / or technology, preferred;
- Experience working with international teams, Asia preferred;
- Demonstrated history of agility and ability to manage change in a fast paced and high growth environment;
- Experience preparing and/or presenting annual budgets, short-term plans, operational metrics, and monthly actual and forecast results to site leadership;
- Experience in plant controllership and driving cost reduction projects; and
- Proven track record of developing value driven business process transformation that fosters collaborative functional leader buy in, system improvements, and cost efficient business processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance related field, required
- MBA or Master’s degree in finance related field, preferred
- Certified Public Accountant, preferred
- Chartered Financial Analyst, preferred
- Ability to make decisions by assimilating multiple sources of information from global constituents and applying experience, judgment and logical reasoning in an ambiguous, changing, and fast-paced environment;
- Strong business acumen and ability to identify and succinctly communicate financial issues, opportunities, or threats to the operating and financial performance of the manufacturing site;
- Possess an in-depth understanding of concepts and principles within own discipline and have a basic commercial awareness and business acumen within other disciplines;
- Solid oral and written communication with a proven ability to distill information for its intended audience and an ability to negotiate internally and often at higher levels in the organization;
- Strong numerical proficiency, organizational, problem-solving skills and use of logic;
- Ability to operate effectively within a global multi-cultural organization and collaborate cross functionally;
- Efficient at performing and reviewing analysis, spotting errors, and teaching others to review while establishing high quality standards of performance and identifying opportunities to provide value-added analysis beyond basic actuals, forecasts, budgets, and reports;
- A strong working knowledge of technical U.S. GAAP in inventory accounting and hands on experience performing inventory close related activities in a standard and actual cost environment;
- Familiarity with enterprise resource management and finance systems; and
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs.