Manager- Wastewater, Recycling, and Lab USA | First Solar | Trinity, AL, United States
Basic Job Functions:
Directly responsible for management of all Alabama site Wastewater and Recycling operations, including module recycling plant (RCY), Ultra-Pure Water Plant (UPW), Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP), site waste management (WM), and laboratory (LAB) operations, maintenance and improvement whilst optimizing cost, enhancing operation efficiency, and achieving high standard of EHS and quality. Ensures that his/her team performs in accordance with First Solar’s Core Values and within the fully compliant local and federal regulations.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Science
- 5 to 7 years of overall industrial experience with 2-5 years of supervisory experience .
- Self-driven & highly committed to lead team with only some help from management.
- Possess good organizational awareness & ability to influence organization globally.
- Tactful & diplomatic in managing relationships with internal & external customers.
- Possess good planning, organizing, and negotiating skill – Project management.
- Role model safe work behavior and understand role in environmental sustainability.
- Analytical/troubleshooting skills to understand failure modes/root cause of chemical process and equipment issues .
- Knowledge of project management tools (e.g. – MS project) .
- Knowledgeable in chemical analysis & hazardous waste handling
- Knowledge of Process Simulation tools & modeling software
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of engineers/associates engineers/technicians.
- Good awareness of routine engineering drawing software (e.g. Auto CAD) .
- Accountable to ensure all operations under area of responsibility are operating as per the local regulatory & company requirements/goals and oversee the related documentations & procedures are in place and implemented.
- Lead team of associates to meet throughput, plan and manage/optimize cost to meet company set goals. This includes leading team to practice total compliance of established programs and procedures.
- Manage capital and operational budgets within AOP/POR and ensure inventory of supplies/spare parts are well maintained.
- Manage “capital process improvement” projects through design, construction & commissioning phases and control project costs & schedules at or below budget.
- Provide regular update to the key stakeholders on performance of his/her operations including all key indices (incident/injury recordable rates, plants availability, cost reduction etc.).
- Be the role model and set direction/expectations for the entire team. Provide coaching and guidance to the team on complicated technical issues.
- Strategize and implement development programs for team members to enhance their safety leadership and technical expertise.
- Team up with the internal quality, environmental, IH and safety teams to ensure all company/legal requirements are met or exceeded, including all 3rd party assessment/certification such as ISO 9001/ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Contribute technical expertise to implement new projects to enhance RCY, UPW, WWTP, WM & LAB capability/performance.
- Expected to maintain good professional relationships with government officials, regulators, vendors, customers, local community members, and full commitment to promote good image of First Solar.