Manager – Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting | First Solar | Tempe, AZ, United States
First Solar reserves the right to offer you a role most applicable to your experience and skillset.
Basic Job Functions:
- Responsible for the day-to-day preparation of all SEC filings
- Candidate must have excellent knowledge of technical accounting matters and SEC regulations and is responsible for timely and accurate filings of Forms 10-K, 10-Q, DEF 14-A, 8-K, and other SEC filings.
- Assist in the review of various sales, purchase, lease, derivative, debt, and other agreements.
- Responsible for preparing presentations for the Audit Committee, Board of Directors, executive management, and other key stakeholders.
- Work closely with other business groups and corporate functions to ensure accounting issues are appropriately identified, analyzed, and reported in external reports and internal presentations.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of the internal accounting/finance policy manual.
- BS in finance / accounting (required)
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or other related fields (preferred)
- CPA (preferred)
- 7 to 10 years combined experience working for a public company and / or a public accounting firm (Big Four preferred) with relevant experience in external reporting and technical accounting research.
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills
- Experience working with international teams (Asia preferred)
- Can perform under tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated, people sensitive, results oriented.
- Strong business acumen with an ability to articulate and communicate business and accounting issues at all levels within the organization, including executive management and external auditors
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC rules and regulations, XBRL, principles of consolidation, and SOX compliance
- Experience with publicly traded companies within the renewable energy, manufacturing, and / or technology industries (preferred)
- Working knowledge of and experience in reviewing business contracts, including sales, purchase, lease, derivative, debt, and other agreements (preferred)
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office applications, including a high degree of proficiency in Excel
- Working knowledge of major ERP systems (SAP / Oracle preferred)
- Working knowledge of Workiva (preferred)
Learn more and apply