Manager- Device Research USA | First Solar | Perrysburg, OH
First Solar reserves the right to offer you a role most applicable to your experience and skillset.
Basic Job Functions:
Self-motivated and proven leader responsible for technology exploration of a thin-film photovoltaic cell technology.
- BS in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Applied Science or equivalent, with MSc or PhD preferred.
- 5+ years industry experience working in a Device Development, Process Integration, Or Process Development.
- PV, Semiconductor / Thin Film / Electronics Related Industry Preferred.
- Management in the area of Device Integration or Device Development Preferred
- Experience in Semiconductor Industry or PV Technology Industry in the following areas is strongly preferred:
- Thin Film Deposition Processes & Process Control
- Solid State Device Characterization
- Device Fa and Material Characterization
- Proven ability to integrate several process development activities in parallel.
- Understanding of solid-state device physics
- Thin-film polycrystalline experience highly desirable.
- Experiment planning and prioritization skills. Ability to assess experimental risk, scopes, and timelines and to plan accordingly.
- Proficient in optical, electrical, and opto-electronic properties of photovoltaic devices.
- Possess excellent data handling, organization, and communication skills.
- Advanced understanding of process equipment, engineering techniques and practices.
- Experience in thin film deposition methods and processes.
- Fundamental understanding of material and device characterization as well as FA.
- Proven competency in statistical process optimization and data analysis. Understanding of multivariate analysis, regression analysis, design of experiments (DOE).
- Experience using statistical software (JMP preferred).
- Proven skills in problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate others to accomplish objectives and gain desired results.
- Direct or matrix manage a team of cross functional engineers. Define specific and quantifiable objectives for each individual team member as well as for the team.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to ensure effective co-operation of interdepartmental teams.
- Responsible for effective communication between teams, foster team building, encourage creativity and out of the box thinking.
- Effectively interface with other functional areas in support of development activities
- Ensure adherence to program goals and schedules.
- Prioritize experiments and activities
- Integrate FA, material and device characteristics and process data to determine the mechanisms and root causes of failures and resulting film and device properties.
- Ensure adherence to all safety procedures and housekeeping standards.
- Demonstrate creativity via novel ideas adding to the First Solar’s IP portfolio.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job description subject to change at any time.
Learn more and apply