Manager, Certification Programs | Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) | San Francisco
Posting Date: December 9th, 2022
Closing Date: Open until filled
Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) is 501(c)(3) nonprofit that promotes policy and market-based solutions to advance sustainable energy in the U.S. and internationally. CRS’s work engages stakeholders across the sustainable energy sector, including renewable energy users, sellers, government, and other NGOs through its education, technical assistance, and policy-focused programs and outreach. CRS also administers the market-leading Green-e® programs, which offer independent environmental and consumer protection standards and certification for buyers and producers of renewable energy, such as utility green power programs, carbon offsets, and biomethane.
As the public’s awareness of the impacts of pollution arising from electricity generation, energy security issues, and sustainable economic development has risen, the demand for renewable energy has increased greatly. Voluntary certified renewable energy sales in the U.S. have increased an average of 17% each year since 2016, and CRS currently certifies over 2.5% of the total U.S. electricity mix, or enough to power four out of every five U.S. households for a month. Almost half of the installed wind capacity in the U.S. is participating in Green-e® Energy certified transactions, and 2020 saw over 6.6 million MWh come from solar generation – the amount of which has grown exponentially in just a few years. This position is a chance to join an organization and work on a program that is growing as fast as the renewable energy market is.
This position will play a key role in supporting the continuing growth of the organization as we expand our programs. CRS is seeking a Manager of Certification Programs. This is a permanent, full-time exempt position reporting to the Director of Certification Programs. This position will be in-person, based at CRS’s San Francisco office, subject to the organization’s COVID-19 protocols and any applicable public health orders. CRS is currently operating on a hybrid schedule with 3 days in the office each week.
The Manager of Certification Programs will be responsible for leading and managing the Green-e® Energy Program, and for supporting the Director of Certification Programs as needed to adequately meet the organization’s operational goals.
This position requires the ability to manage multiple projects while keeping a firm focus on priorities, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail, and professional oral and written communication skills. Study or work experience in environmental policy and renewable electricity markets is necessary, and knowledge of renewable energy certificates (RECs), REC tracking systems, utility green power programs, and renewable power purchase agreements is preferred.
Key responsibilities include:
Green-e® Operations – 80%
- Support the Director of Certification Programs as needed to adequately meet the organization’s annual operational goals
- Management of Green-e® Energy program, including guiding the program staff in supporting program participant success, adding new products, or enacting corrective program participant measures as needed
- Acting as an ambassador for the program, including frequent written and oral communications with program participants and stakeholders
- Management of program technology platforms
- Oversight and continual improvement of the processes for onboarding and training program participants, contract terminations, and other related internal program processes and documentation, working with CRS counsel as needed
- Support the Program Outreach team as needed
Support and participate in CRS Education and Expert Assistance Work – 20%
- Conduct targeted qualitative and quantitative research
- Contribute to technical reports
- Collaborate on new project proposals based on potential client needs and staff direction
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERRED SKILLS
CRS seeks a candidate with hands-on experience. Required experience includes:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in a related field and 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the renewable electricity sector. CRS will consider candidates at a higher level for applications with significant experience with the voluntary renewable energy market and the Green-e® Certification programs.
- Team leadership/management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and self-starting, able to multitask and prioritize across multiple projects. Must be able to work independently
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to CRS’s mission
The Manager- Certification Programs will be a full-time exempt position with a target salary of $80,000. Higher salary may be available to highly qualified candidates.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
CRS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are important to our organization and accomplishing our work of promoting sustainable energy and addressing climate change. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any applicable legally protected characteristic. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. CRS is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
CRS is in the Tides Converge San Francisco office in San Francisco’s Presidio National Park.
CRS cares deeply about the health and welfare of its employees. Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. “Full vaccination” is determined based on applicable law and regulation. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirement. No calls or email inquiries, please.
To learn more about our hiring policies, procedures, and benefits, visit CRS Jobs.